Sign In to join the community | Help
Install & Replace

Gutters

Need info on installing my own gutters instead of a high priced contractor,any suggestions?
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-07-25T23:46:11+0000  by Workhard11 Workhard11

Good Luck.  Seamless gutters?

Posted 2011-07-26T00:40:39+0000  by ALHome

Hi Workhard11, this is Mike The Home Depot Answer Man

The Home Depot is the place to go for gutters and accessories. We offer vinyl as well as steel gutters, and all of the fittings down spouts and mounting parts.

I personally prefer vinyl gutters as they are virtually maintenance free, and come in white or dark brown to match your homes color palette.

I put new gutter on my house in just one weekend, and I can assure you if I can do it you can!

We have how to do it instructions right at the display, and our associates can assist you in planning your entire system, and selecting all of the necessary parts.

You can start buy viewing all of the options on line then visit the store and pick up your items.

I hope this information gives you some inspiration!

Mike,

Posted 2011-07-26T01:35:31+0000  by Mike_HD_OC

Purchased vinyl gutters at the local home depot for the front of my house.  Got home and started to put them up...when I encountered the first problem.  The end caps do not fit the drops at all.  I went back to the store and asked an associate to connect the end cap to the dropt and they could not do it either.  Another associate said you had to cut a piece of gutter and put it in one end of the drop and then connect the end cap to the piece of gutter.  This seems ridiculous and would then make the downspouts waaaaaay off center in going down the corner boards.  So I went online and saw that they sold a downspout with the endcap in one piece.  Ordered 2 of them and when they came they were not even close to fitting the gutters.  The shape was completely different and they were also over an inch smaller the the height of the gutters.  So my question is how do I complete this gutter system and where did I go wrong?

Thanks

Posted 2012-09-11T01:05:39+0000  by Julder

Hi Julder,

Normally the roof overhang is 18 - 24 inches. Allowing for this, the down spout if attached to a wall will be 18-24 inches away from the corner of the house.

The down spouts are designed to be placed anywhere along a run and are thus designed to accept

gutter on both ends. A short piece of gutter can be used to extend the run to the end of the roof

where it can be terminated with an end cap.

When I installed my gutter, I located the down spouts (they will slide over and along the gutter) and then drilled a hole on the gutter where I placed the down spout.

I have included a video for you to watch on the installation

I hope this information is useful to you.

Mike,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jnZpSGP8yU

Posted 2012-09-13T17:23:21+0000  by Mike_HD_OC

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+