Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

HELP

I was preparing kids room to paint when I realized the previous owns had painted over paper trim. I have removed the trim to find the paint beside it is what I call a pepto bizmo pink and the rest of the wall is a darker tan. this being my first time ever painting not sure if I should paint wall white then paint it the color I want if so what white paint should I use or am I able to just paint the wall the color I want without the pink band showing thru the lighter pink I want to do? HELP
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-02-28T16:50:33+0000  by bspsweet78 bspsweet78

Hello Bspsweet78 and welcome to the community. This project is very easy to deal with you can use two products that come to mind. One is the Behr Premium plus Ultra interior it comes in flat, eggshell, satin, and semi-gloss. It can be tinted to the color you desire. Depending how old the kids are, if they are in there in teens you can go with eggshell or satin both easy to clean. Eggshell looks a lot like flat but the walls can be washed. Satin has a little bit of a shine but has great scrub ability. If they are little ones and still writing on the wall you may want to go with a semi gloss in the long run it has superior durability and easy to wash and scrub without damaging the paint.

Here’s an example of what the product has to offer.

Great for use in indoor spaces such as bathrooms and kitchens, the Premium plus Ultra 1-Gallon Semi gloss Enamel Interior Paint. And Primer is designed to offer color that performs beautifully when applied to walls and trim. This paint dries to a mildew-resistant finish to help ensure that its sheen withstands the test of time.

• Ideal for application on walls in high-moisture rooms, trim, doors, windows, cabinets, and interior furniture, formulated for easy application with a nylon/polyester brush or 3/8"-1/2" nap roller, depending upon surface texture
  • 100% acrylic latex paint and primer in one base provides exceptional adhesion and durability
  • Semi-gloss finish provides a radiant, sleek appearance and is ideal for high-moisture rooms such as bathrooms and kitchens
  • Covers up to 400 sq. ft. per gallon
  • BEHR PREMIUM PLUS ULTRA is a high performance paint and primer in one developed using BEHR’s revolutionary NANOGUARD technology
  • Resists mildew growth to help maintain a pristine appearance

The second option is Zinsser B-I-N Primer keep in mind you can use it as is or it can be tinted as well.

The B-I-N 1-gallon Shellac-Based White Primer-Sealer is suitable for priming and sealing interior surfaces and for spot priming on exterior surfaces. The primer-sealer is formulated to adhere on dense, smooth or slick surfaces without pre-sanding for flexible application and the high-hide formula helps prevent persistent stains from showing through.

• Great for use on interior surfaces and for spot priming on exterior surfaces; can be applied in freezing temperatures
  • Suitable for application on interior ceilings, walls, doors, trim, cabinets and furniture
  • Superior adhesion on dense, smooth and slick surfaces without scuff sanding
  • High-hiding formula blocks stubborn and persistent stains
  • Seals bleeding knots and sap streaks; seals in the acrid smell of fire
  • Seals water, soot and grease stains
  • Fast-drying formula reduces time before recoating

I would apply two coats wait about an hour or two for it to dry before applying second coat. Get the paint separately  with the sheen and color you have chosen. Swing by the home depot and visit us at the paint pit.

I hope this information has been helpful. Let us know of any other projects you’re working on next we can help.

Posted 2013-02-28T19:00:48+0000  by Soheil_HD_BOS

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+