Sign In to join the community | Help
Lawn & Garden

HELP WITH CURRY LEAF PLANT !!!

please need help!! I have a curry leaf plant which has gone through over fertilization with Miraclegro, as a result all the stems started falling off. Then Knowing my mistake I flushed the plant 3 times. After that new stems  started coming out. Now I see the tip of the plant becoming dark and also the new stems falling off. What might be the reason? Please help me isaving my plant and bringing it back into a healthy plant as it was before. Thanks so much!!
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2015-03-16T18:58:43+0000  by Rani Rani

Hi Rani,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Curry Leaf plant.

Watering extremes, such as to little or too much water will often result in leaf loss. Tap water that contains chlorine and fluoride will cause the tips of leaves to turn black from tip burn. Allow watering cans to breath for 24 hours before watering your plants.

This plant should be considered a tropical plant and be kept safe from any exposure to freezing temperatures. It can be grown outdoors in zones 10 through 12, so unless your in southern California or south Florida, keep this plant indoors in the winter.

I'm not so sure that you can over fertilize this plant with Miracle Gro, though.  Murraya koenigii benefits from aggressive fertilization and should be fed every two weeks during the growing season. Of course, watering and feeding need to be scaled back during the winter months.

Curry Leaf plants are deciduous, so leaf drop is normal and to be expected, especially in the winter months, when the days are short. This leaf drop will make way for fresh, new leaves.

I recommend re-potting the plant in potting soil such as Miracle Gro Moisture Control that will manage the water and prevent extreme water conditions. Place in a bright area and keep it away from heat registers and air conditioning drafts to avoid drying out.

After the new leaves begin to grow, feed the plant every two weeks with Miracle Gro according to the instructions for indoor plants. Keep it well drained and avoid standing water.

Your Curry Leaf Plant should recover nicely during the spring.

Thank you for asking,

-Travis

Posted 2015-03-17T14:53:24+0000  by Travis_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+