Sign In to join the community | Help
Build & Remodel

HOW DO I MAKE A KIDS SPORT LOCKER?

I just want to make a simple wooden sports locker for my son. Just a single Locker with 2 shelves, one towards the top and one towards the bottom. Any advice??

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-12-06T20:31:31+0000  by mixedscorpio84 mixedscorpio84

Hello Mixedscopion84,

Welcome to the community.

Well the common locker sizes are 12”-15” wide, 15”-18” deep and 24”-36” tall. So first you need to figure out what size you want to make it and then you can start your build.

The build will be the same no matter what size you go with you just have to adjust the cut size.

Here is a simple diagram of how I would build it.

Locker Picture.jpg

You will need 2 side pieces the same size and 4 other pieces the same size for the top, bottom and 2 shelves.

I would use screws to put it all together. That way if you need to take it apart for whatever reasons it will not damage the pieces. Make sure and predrill all of the hole so you doesn’t split the wood.

Your local Home Depot can do the cross cuts if you’re going with solid wood and if you’re going to use sheet goods than you can get the pieces cut to whatever size you need.

Make sure and put a solid edge on all exposed edges if you are going to use plywood. We wouldn’t want anyone getting splinters.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I would love to help.

Posted 2012-12-07T23:43:55+0000  by Christine_HD_OC

very precisely...explained..

step by step detail..

i like to spend time on this site...as i get to learn new things...

finish of the locker ..wud be with some warm color duco panit

take care

Posted 2012-12-08T15:12:17+0000  by designspace

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+