Sign In to join the community | Help
Build & Remodel

HOW DO I MAKE A KIDS SPORT LOCKER?

I want to make a 4 foot by 1-1/2 foot locker for my son. Very simple one. Just 2 shelves in it and a hook under the 1st shelf for him to hang his jersey. Can someone please tell me the tools I would need for this? My email is MixedScorpio84@aol.com. If you could email me asap that'd be great. I plan on going out friday and getting everything I need and gettng started. Thank you sooo much.!!

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-12-06T03:42:31+0000  by mixedscorpio84 mixedscorpio84

All you need is the following

1) 3/4 inch plywood

2) Tape Measure.

3) Table saw

1) Cut your pieces from 3/4-inch thick cabinet-grade plywood on the table saw. Cut one front, one back 48 inches high by 24 inches wide. Cut two sides 48 inches high by 18 inches wide. Cut one top, one bottom and one shelf 18 inches by 22 1/2 inches.

2) Sand thge edges of all pieces with 100 grit sand paper. Nail through the back panel into the edges of the side panels with a pin nailer and 1 1/2-inch nails, one every 8 inches.

3) Glue and nail the bottom and shelf pieces on top of the 1-by-2 guides you installed on the side panels. 

4) Cut the remaining three edges of the rectangle with the circular saw, finishing the corner cuts with a jigsaw, as needed. Install a 3-inch utility handle 1-inch in from the right side of the door, 30 inches from the bottom of the locker. Drive one 3/4-inch wood screw through each hole in the handle, one top one bottom, to face mount it.

similarly you can mount the door on the locker. You may follow the following link for more details:

http://www.ehow.com/how_7716885_build-wood-sports-locker-kids.html

Thanks

Posted 2012-12-06T11:06:23+0000  by belmanliving

How to build a kids sport locker.

Posted 2012-12-28T00:42:53+0000  by doralgarrison

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+