Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

HOW TO PAINT KITCHEN & BATHROOM?

How do I go about painting my apartment kitchen & bathroom?  What kind of equipment other the paint brushes will I need?  Also, what type of brushes to use?  I have never paint before plus 70 years might be a little mature but I am ready.  Just think of me as a first grade student.

Thanks

Jo Filkins

jofilkins@comcast.net

916 684 9148

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-04-18T07:27:10+0000  by JOEYS JOEYS

Hello Joey and Welcome to the Community. One thing I recommend to my customers for kitchens and bathrooms is a BEHR Premium Plus Ultra Semi-Gloss Interior Paint

BEHR Premium Plus Ultra 1-Gal. Pure White Semi-Gloss Interior

Great for use in indoor spaces such as bathrooms and kitchens, the Premium Plus Ultra 1-Gallon Semi-gloss Enamel Interior Paint. And Primer is designed to offer color that performs beautifully when applied to walls and trim. This paint dries to a mildew-resistant finish to help ensure that its sheen withstands the test of time.

• Ideal for application on walls in high-moisture rooms, trim, doors, windows, cabinets, and interior furniture, formulated for easy application with a nylon/polyester brush or 3/8"-1/2" nap roller, depending upon surface texture
  • 100% acrylic latex paint and primer in one base provides exceptional adhesion and durability
  • Semi-gloss finish provides a radiant, sleek appearance and is ideal for high-moisture rooms such as bathrooms and kitchens
  • Covers up to 400 sq. ft. per gallon
  • BEHR PREMIUM PLUS ULTRA is a high performance paint and primer in one developed using BEHR’s revolutionary NANOGUARD technology
  • Resists mildew growth to help maintain a pristine appearance

Here are the following items you will need:

Linzer 8-Piece Paint Tray Set

Linzer 8-Piece Paint Tray Set

Whether you're painting inside or out, this 8 piece professional tray set is a great value. It contains all the essential tools to complete your entire paint project. Professional grade quality in a convenient value priced set.

• 3/8 in. nap rollers for use with smooth to semi-smooth walls
  • Both frames are threaded for use with most standard extension poles
  • Includes a 2 in. angled sash brush for trim work
  • Kit includes a 9 in. pro frame, 2 woven rollers, a mini roller and frame, a metal tray, clear liner and a 2 in. angle sash brush

Frog Tape

FrogTape 1-1/2 in. x 60 yds. Multi-Surface Tape

FrogTape is the only tape treated with PaintBlock technology, a super-absorbent polymer which reacts with latex paint and instantly gels to form a micro-barrier that seals the edges of the tape, preventing paint bleed. The result is very sharp paint lines. Multi-Surface FrogTape is great for a wide variety of surfaces. This will go around your molding around windows doors the cabinets. Keep in mind best way to remove any tape while it’s still wet and at an angle. After two coats, then you remove the tape.

OR

Shur-Line 6.8 in. x 3 in. Pro Paint Edger

Shur-Line 6.8 in. x 3 in. Pro Paint Edger

The Shur-Line Edge Like A Pro Paint Edger is perfect for edging walls, ceilings, windows and baseboards. It has a retractable guide for mess-free paint loading and a quick-eject pad release button. It eliminates the need for edging tape and is threaded for pole attachment.

• Ergonomic handle reduces fatigue
  • Swivel handle attaches to all standards polesEliminates Taping - save, money and timeErgonomic
  • Quick retractable guiding wheels paint smooth straight lines around molding and trim

Canvas Drop Cloth

Sibiu 5-3/4 ft. x 8-3/4 ft. Canvas Drop Cloth

The Sibiu 5-3/4 ft. x 8-3/4 ft. Canvas Drop Cloth is crafted from woven cotton and polyester canvas making it great for household cleaning, wallpapering and painting projects. It can absorb paint drops and spillage. This drop cloth features finished hems and seams.

• For absorbing paint drops and spillage and offering general surface protection while painting, cleaning, wallpapering and other household projects
  • 5-3/4 ft. length x 8-3/4 ft. width
  • Woven cotton and polyester canvas construction
  • 4-sided finished hems and seams
  • Reusable and washable

These are your items to get started any further questions I will be more than happy to explain and assist you.

Posted 2013-04-18T16:23:51+0000  by Soheil_HD_BOS

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+