Sign In to join the community | Help
Build & Remodel

Half Wall of Panel Needs Trim...What Kind???

Top half of wall is the faux brick and the bottom half is wood panel.  What does Home Depot offer that would be best to top off the panel which stops halfway up the wall???

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-10-24T00:44:03+0000  by JBRONCFAN JBRONCFAN

Trim molding comes in many shapes and styles, in this case I would aim for simpler is best  when merging disparate materials.   What is the style of the room?    Standard 'chair rail', half round, quarter round with a  flat trim piece - -    a simple strip of quarter round with a flat strip added to the top makes a nice little ledge.

Posted 2011-10-24T13:32:47+0000  by SallySmiles


   The possibilities are as endless as your creativity with this project.  One of my favorite ways to address the lower half of a split wall design is with bead board.  I like the crisp and consistent lines that the pattern produces and painting it the same color of the trim will pull the whole room together.  We do have total package kits that have everything you need to install (click on the pic. below).



   Another popular design is attaching trim boxes (or frames) below a chair rail separating the two levels.  We have a design page that will give a few more details on the many different ways to approach this solution (click on pic. below).

 moulding 101.jpg


One tip that I use when installing decorative trim like this is what I call “going nail-less”. J

Use PowerGrab by Loctite – it holds the trim in place without sagging due to gravity.  Its thick frosting like consistency makes the job go by super-fast and with minimal materials.



Posted 2011-10-24T13:38:25+0000  by Kevin_HD_ATL
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question