Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

Hall into great room with no natural break, want two colors.

I want to paint my great room blue and hall a neutral color. This wall is in two different distinct rooms but has no natural transition point. There is a doorway in between that I was thinking of meeting in the middle and covering with custom artwork to create a break in the colors. Is this a bad idea or can it work?
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-07-16T14:33:50+0000  by Melis1314 Melis1314

Hello.

There really aren't any bad ideas when it comes to decorating your own space.  I feel that you should do whatever is to your liking - after all, your the one spending the most time there.:smileylol:

Hallways tend to not have as much light as the main room. As a result; the same color may appearance darker in the hall than that in the other room (even though they are not connected).  Consider going with a lighter version of the main blue color in the hallway and even painting the ceiling the same color as the walls.  This will open up the hallway and give the appearance of an endless wall.

I love the idea of a piece of artwork to pull it all together.  Remember, that walls should set a mood and provide an aura.

Hope this helps. paiintpro.JPG 

Posted 2012-07-16T16:36:41+0000  by Kevin_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+