Sign In to join the community | Help
Tools & Hardware

Hammock swing hardware

What hardware should I use to hang a hammock swing from my covered porch?

It will hand from2X8 joists that are on an angle. I need for an adult 225lbs to be able to sit on it
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-10-05T21:26:45+0000  by mdavey mdavey

There are a lot of concerns when hanging a hammock up on posts that are part of the construction of the house. So many things could go wrong if not all the right precautions are taken in advance.  For instance; you need to inspect the posts and make sure that they are secure and attached both to the top and bottom of the structure.

Also, I would not use a hook that requires it to be screwed into the post - you run the risk of it pulling out and causing injury.

Here is the most effective way to connect the hammock to the posts.

Use a heavy duty eye bolt that is installed through the post.  Use a washer between the post and the nut to secure it in place.

Lehigh 3/8 in. x 6 in. Coarse Stainless-Steel Eye Bolt with Nut

Caution and Safety Tips

• Do not exceed the maximum weight capacity of the hammock.
  • Be certain when hanging the hammock that it is situated so that the angle of the hammock will exceed 25 degrees when someone is lying in it.
  • Do not allow chains to become twisted, or allow the hammock to flip over (which will twist the chains). This dramatically reduces the strength of the chain.
  • Do not over tighten the hammock screws.
  • A hammock can be unstable if weight is not in the center of the hammock. Do not sit on the edge.
  • Caution should be used when allowing children to use a hammock. Do not allow children to use the hammock without direct adult supervision.
  • Do not place infants in any hammock.
  • Do not jump up and down in the hammock and do not use the hammock as a play-ground swing.
Posted 2013-10-06T20:46:46+0000  by Kevin_HD_ATL
I want to know the different ideas to learn how do i fix connections to bluetooth audio devices and wireless displays in windows 10  without paying anything. Thank you so much to this tutorial.
Posted 2018-10-26T05:29:04+0000  by Rashwin

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+