Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

Hampton Bay 165 342 fans don't turn.

The light works fine but when I turn the fan on I only hear the buzzing of the motor. As I cycle through the speeds the buzzing lessens until it is off. I have double checked my wiring. Is this unit defective?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-12-06T21:37:05+0000  by artchr73 artchr73

Hey artchr73,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the community!

The fan you are referring to is the Langston 60" Oil Rubbed Bronze Ceiling Fan shown and linked below, yes?

Langston 60 in. Oil Rubbed Bronze Ceiling Fan

As long as everything was wired as per the install instructions you should have a working fan. The culprit maybe a bad capacitor on the fan, which can be replaced but we don't sell that part in our store.

A next step would be to contact Hampton Bay directly. Since you already have the SKU number, you won't have to give them any additional information on the fan. Call them with the number shown below for further troubleshooting.

1011_15_HamptonBay_CustServ_.jpg

Once you call them, you should be able to get to the bottom of your fan troubles. While it may unfortunately be a bad motor, I'd contact them first for more information.

Cheers,

Joseph

Posted 2013-12-07T15:21:13+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Turns out it was the 3191 connector for the lighting assembly. I secured the wiring and reconnected it, it works fine now.

Posted 2013-12-14T09:19:57+0000  by artchr73

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+