Sign In to join the community | Help
Bath & Faucets

Hampton Bay 292995 vanity light

My home came with the Hampton Bay 292995 vanity light fixture. Well, when my first light bulb blew I could not change it. For the world of me I can't get the cylinder glass from the fixture.  when I twisted to unscrew it the glass is just hanging but won't come off. I have been looking for answers and can't find anything, HELPPPP before I am in the dark. Thanks!
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2015-08-24T03:17:43+0000  by Pumphrey Pumphrey

It looks like that fixture has been discontinued but I would suspect that there is plastic or metal screw at the bottom of the glass that holds the glass in place.  Problem is that you probably won't be able to get to it without removing the light bulb first.

Why can't you get the light bulb out?  Is there no room to get your fingers around it or can't you get a good grip?  If you happen to have one of the little rubbery pads for opening jars, you could try that.  The other option is to break the light bulb and use a pair of long nose pliers to get it out.  If you go that route, make sure the power is off by flipping the breaker in the service panel.  Wear work gloves and eye protection.
Posted 2015-08-24T14:31:03+0000  by Adam444
Hello Pumphrey.  Welcome to the Community!

You won't be able to get the cylinder glass out until the light bulb has been removed.  Originally, this fixture came with a "wrench" that aided in the install and removal of bulbs.  Without that wrench, you will just have to improvise a way to get the light bulb out.  If breaking the bulb and removing the threaded end is the only way, please be careful as Adam mentioned.  Here is a diagram of your fixture, which clearly shows the threaded socket ring that holds the glass cylinder on.

This fixture could be mounted with the glass cylinders facing either up or down.
Here is where I found this diagram, along with installation instructions:  LINK

Chris.

Posted 2015-08-25T16:07:01+0000  by Chris_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+