Sign In to join the community | Help
Tools & Hardware

Hampton Bay 52-AMD light works but can't turn on the fan or the light off with remote

The first warm spring day I tried to turn on my kitchen fan with the remote (Hampton Bay 52-AMD) but to no avail.  I put a new battery the remote, no dice.  I reprogramed my other fan's remote with the same code, no luck with that either.  I can turn the fan (light) on/off with the light switch but the fan was off since the last time it worked so it is off.  I assume this is a failed transmitter in the fan???  Is this under warantee and will HD send me a replacement?  The fan is about 3.5 years old.  Thanks!  Bill

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-05-23T22:22:50+0000  by billymac7 billymac7

Hey there Bill, I’m Blake from the Cali Home Depot. I’m sorry to say that the receiver will not be covered by the lifetime motor warranty that Hampton Bay fans have. I think you are right on with your troubleshooting, and it does indeed sound like the receiver has given up the ghost. It is a pretty easy fix, Home Depot has several remote kits to choose from.

Good luck Bill, if you have any more questions please feel free to hit us up!

-Blake

Posted 2011-05-23T23:58:36+0000  by BlakeTheDiyGuy

Blake,

I have a question about a replacement remote. We have a 52-AMD and no remote.  Replacement remotes don't allow me to reverse the fan (no manual switch on the fan), so I'm trying to find out how to order an original for it.

Chris

Posted 2011-06-01T14:19:09+0000  by chrisr77

Hey Chrisr77 In order for you to see about a replacement remote that has the reverse function I will need you to do a little investigation. If you can get up on a ladder and look at the top of the ceiling fan motor housing there will be an identifying sticker. On this sticker will be a UPC#. Customer support will need this number in order to identify the correct remote for your fan. 

Once you have the number please call the customer service number below and they will assist you with your replacement. 

hampton bay.jpg

I hope this helps Chris, if there is anything else I can do to help, you know where to find me!

-Blake

Posted 2011-06-01T18:19:12+0000  by BlakeTheDiyGuy

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+