Sign In to join the community | Help
Appliances

Hampton Bay 52" Vercelli ceiling fan

My fan works using either the wall switch or the remote.  I bought it in 2012 and it was installed with the reverse switch in the warm position.  It has never been reversed until recently when I set the switch to the cool position (right).  When I started the fan the blades would not turn.  There was a humming sound coming from the motor with the fan button on high.  The wall switch/remote continue to turn on the light.

I have researched this issue and with what I found online I did everything suggested:  all dip switches on all devices have been reset,  wiring looks correct, circuit breaker was reset several times.  I think the only thing left is to examine/replace the reverse switch inside the motor assembly.  I assume I have to remove the fan completely from the ceiling unless there is another way to access the reverse switch?  Is this the case?  

Your help will be much appreciated.

Serial #:  000017
UL Model #:  700-277
UPC #:  718212440780

Thank you!

D

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-11-08T00:31:43+0000  by 73 73

Hello 73 and thank you for joining The Community!  We are glad that you are here.

I suggest contacting the manufacturer at 1-877-527-0313 and select option 2.  Once you provide the model and UPC number, they will be able to help you diagnose the situation correctly and find the optimum solution.

Best wishes on your project.

Posted 2016-11-08T13:41:36+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+