Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

Hampton Bay 54-OR ceiling fan - How to take dome off to replace bulb?

I've called Hampton bay support and they said to push the dome in and then turn counter clockwise.  This is not working at all?  I can't find the ceiling fan I have online ANYWHERE.  I have the model and UPC numbers and everything else that was on the sticker .. Can someone please help?  photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 3.JPG

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-11-19T22:42:16+0000  by rjr5353 rjr5353

Hey rjr5353,

Thank you for joining us here on the community!

Uploading these images helps us out a great deal regarding your fan. I'm glad you spoke to Hampton Bay already...but I'm sorry its still not working for you.

I remember seeing this fan as a special order in our store.

Did you try to loosen the bottom metal decorative portion on the bottom of the glass by turning it counterclockwise? Usually this is attached to a threaded rod which then allows that and the glass to come down.

Let me know if you have tried this yet, and keep me updated on your situation.

Cheers,

Joseph

Posted 2013-11-23T21:32:06+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Hi Joseph, 

Thats the first thing I tried, because that seems most logical.  It doesn't seem like it turns at all, but counterclockwise?  Hmm . i always thought it was left loosy, righty tighty?  

Posted 2013-11-24T18:24:33+0000  by rjr5353
I tried turning the decorative piece and it just doesnt budge at all .. so frustrating.
Posted 2013-11-24T18:40:13+0000  by rjr5353

Hey again rjr5353,

Thank you again for updating us on your situation.

Yes, counterclockwise equates to lefty loosy, which should take that piece off, which in turn should remove the glass.

Keep me updated on your progress, as I understand your frustration, I want to make sure the glass was safely removed.

Hope to hear from you again,

Joseph

Posted 2013-12-04T21:51:28+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+