Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

Hampton Bay AC-552 Light and Fan not working

Hi,

I have two Hampton Bay AC-552 Ceiling Light/Fans in my living room. One of them does not turn on at all. The fan doesn't spin, the lights don't come on. The other fan however turns on, but the lights throb... meaning they go bright, then dim down, then go bright, etc.

I think the fans are wired in tandem. I have one remote it operates both lights and both fans (except one of them doesn't come on like I described). Any idea what might cause this?

The specifics of the fan are:

Model: AC-552

SKU# (390-002) "KK"

UPC# 792145327622  DATE: 1298

SN: 000634B

VENDOR# 11288

Thanks.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-05-04T19:08:43+0000  by trevors trevors

Good afternoon Trevors,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community!

Judging by the numbers you gave us (thank you!) for your Hampton Bay fan, it looks as though we no longer carry this online or in our stores.

I agree with you that both fans are wired together since one remote controls both of them simultaneously. While this maybe something as simple as a total replacement of remote and receiver for your ceiling fan, I would first recommend calling Hampton Bay first.

Call the number on the image below to speak to a Hampton Bay representative. While they aren't available on the weekends, I would still recommend them before diving into taking out the old receiver.

hampton bay customer service hotline

If you can't wait that long, you can pick up a replacement remote and receiver combo as linked in orange above. After a while, the receiver and/or the remote control is the first thing to give way on a ceiling fan. While there could be other issues, you really can't tell until you get into the fan.

And as always, replace any part on your fan by making sure the power is turned off first.

Let us know if this has assisted you, and please update us on your progress.

Joseph

Posted 2013-05-04T19:59:01+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Thanks for the fast response! I will call Hampton on Monday and let you know if we figure out the issue.

-Trevor

Posted 2013-05-04T20:38:03+0000  by trevors

Yes!

Glad we could be of help Trevor. Keep us updated on your progress!

Joseph

Posted 2013-05-04T20:51:21+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+