Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

Hampton Bay Altura ceiling fan and light kit

Hi, the Altura ceiling fan does not come with a light kit and the only one I see that is available is really unappealing to me.  Is there any other light kit that might work?  I have both the 68 and 54 inch.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-01-01T23:51:39+0000  by Deebart16 Deebart16

Hello Deebart16 and thank you for joining The Community.  We are glad that you are here. 

Our Hampton Bay team can answer any questions you have about the light kit options available for your ceiling fan.  First you will need to identify which ceiling fan you have.  Here is a list of the store and Special Order SKUs to identify your fan:

• Altura 56 in. Brushed Nickel Ceiling Fan - Store SKU # 834-492
  • Altura 56 in. Oil-Rubbed Bronze Indoor Ceiling Fan - Store SKU # 672-000
    (Store Special Order SKU # 672-330)
  • Altura 56 in. Gilded Espresso Ceiling Fan - Store SKU # 672-066
    (Store Special Order SKU # 672-363)

• Altura 68 in. Oil Rubbed Bronze Indoor Ceiling Fan - Store SKU # 904-384
  • Altura 68 in. Indoor Brushed Nickel Ceiling Fan - Store SKU # 128-925
    (Store Special Order SKU # 129-954)

Alternatively locate the 12 digit UPC code (all numbers – no letters) found on the sticker on top of the motor housing.  This will identify the exact model and manufacturer of the fan

With this information, contact the Hampton Bay team at 1-877-527-0313 and select option 2.  They are here to help from start to finish.

Best wishes and Happy New Year.

Posted 2012-01-03T11:43:10+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL

I hope you had better luck with the Hampton Bay representative than I did today.  I too have the 68 in. altura fan and love the look of it.  It is in a huge den with 20 foot ceilings.  I need a lot more light than 2 bulbs.  I would like a 4-light light kit.  Can anyone help me!  The Hampton Bay representative at 1-877-527-0313 couldn't help me at all!  She said it only comes with one kit option and 4-lights wasn't it.  Can anyone help me!

Posted 2012-01-30T22:28:53+0000  by toolsrme

Hello toolsrme and thank you for joining The Community. We are glad that you are here.

I am happy that you love the look of your Altura fan – it is beautiful!  I spoke to the manufacturer and was informed that there is only a 2-light light kit available for this 68 inch ceiling fan.

I can understand your frustration about needing more light in your den – especially with 20 foot ceilings.  Is it possible to create zones within the den, possibly adding supplemental light in a seating or working area, adding pendants over a fireplace, or even installing sconces on side walls?  If you send a photo or layout, we could design some options for you.

Best wishes on your project and thank you for joining our discussions.

Posted 2012-01-31T15:11:20+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL

Any light kit with a center post will fit this fan.  I know because I've done it.  We have a three light kit with globes that face downward for more light.  4 light fixtures with globes are on the market also.  Simply remove the nose cap and remove the decoritive plug covering the center hole. ( you will need some long nose needlenose plyers.  Mount your new fixture through that hole, wire it up and reinstall the cap on the fan.

Posted 2012-02-06T16:24:43+0000  by Stukas

I have purchase both the 68" & 56" Altura fans and I feel the same way about the Altura light kits--not that appealing and I would prefer more light given my high ceilings.  And I, too, experienced the same degree of "helpfulness" from Home Depot customer service.  I am looking at other brands of light kits hoping one with 4-lights will work such as this one by Illumine:  4-Light Fitter Oil Rubbed Bronze,  Model #  CLI-RPLK412OB.  You seem to be the person with knowledge on this topic; can you possibly tell me if this type of kit could work for what I need??

Posted 2012-04-23T15:18:15+0000  by HB79

Hello HB79 and thank you for your question.  We are glad that you have joined the discussions.

The Illumine  4-Light Fitter (Model # CLI-RPLK412OB) is compliant with all fans in the Elementary Collection supplied by Commercial Lighting Industries.  Since the Altura is a Hampton Bay product, we do not know if this will work; there may also be product warranty issues when using two different manufacturers for your project.

I spoke to our Hampton Bay team who think that this may work.  Since the Altura ceiling fan wires come out through the middle and the fitter appears to connect in the same manner, you should be able to connect.  There may be a concern with the size of the cap provided (with the ceiling fan) as to how it will cover the wires.  There may also be an issue with the size of the hole for the wires to fit through. 

If the cap does not cover the wires, or the hole is not of sufficient diameter, the ceiling fan manufacturer does have light caps available for both fans that may solve these issues.  You can contact the Hampton Bay Customer Service Team at 1-877-527-0313 and select option 2 for help in obtaining a cap.  They will ask for additional information and measurements.

Best wishes with your ceiling fan project.  Thank you again for joining The Community.

Posted 2012-04-27T14:34:22+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL
just wondering if you tried this and it worked....
Posted 2012-08-08T22:22:14+0000  by sammy376

I looked at the Westing House light kit (283964) and it should fit on this ceiling fan.  The only down side to not buying the one that was made for this fan is that you may have to strip the wires and twist and tape them together yourself because they won't have the adapters that match those that are already on the ceiling fan.  Not too big of a deal.  I've attached a few pictures of the bottom of the 68" fan to show what the light kit has to look like.

Bottom pice with the cap attached.

2012-08-24_17-03-10_555.jpg

Bottom wit the cap removed.  The silver part can be removed so the light kit can be added.

2012-08-24_17-03-34_286.jpg

Inside the bottom part of the ceiling fan.

2012-08-24_17-03-42_217.jpg

Posted 2012-08-25T02:33:43+0000  by kah00na
Hi, I have several (6) Hampton bay Altura Brushed Nickel 56in Ceiling Fans #834 492 and I bought their light kits as well. One of my kids broke one of the globes and I'm unable to find the replacement, I bought a similar one but wouldn't fit on original light kit. Can you help me find the globe please?
Posted 2017-10-12T23:22:37+0000  by TFM

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+