Sign In to join the community | Help
Tools & Hardware

Hampton Bay Carriage House II Fan & Light

I have a Hampton Bay Carriage House II Fan & Light 739 887 aged iron finish, that has been burning out light bulbs at a pretty good clip ever since its been installed. 2 of the lights in particular are the main culprits. Recently they have been burning out & the glass bulb (GE bulbs) has been seperating from the metal connection. I have noticed that the ceramic insulator on 1 has now become loose also. The last time it blew as soon I installed it & turned the light on. I had a hard time getting the metal connector out of the socket, & it took a small piece of the connector where the base of the metal base of the bulb deformed. When I tried the other 2 lights (which also had 1 that blows out regularly), there was a POP, spark, & it actually blew the glass bulb out of the socket.  The fan works well & is well balanced and quiet. The light kit contains the reversing switch so its integrated into the fans operation, so not just any light kit would work as well or look as good. Can someone please tell me how to locate/acquire a new light kit for my fan. I wish I could say my local Depot was more helpful in helping me with this problem.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-02-24T00:07:47+0000  by dmw2lls dmw2lls

Hi, DMW2LLS.

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I apologize for the issues you've been having with the fan, but I'm sure once we get you to speak to the technical support department everything can be resolved promptly.

I appreciate you providing the name of the fan, but I will still need the 12 digit UPC number from the sticker on the motor housing. We have had more than one maker of this model & we'll need to get you to the exact one for your fan in order to get the right parts & tech support.

Please locate that and email me at Nicki_Care@homedepot.com.

*Also, I've attached a picture of what the sticker looks like for your ease of locating it.

- Thanks, Nicki

Posted 2012-02-24T14:48:20+0000  by THDCustomerCare

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+