Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan

Wellston 44" model (71460 or 71461, not sure which)

I think I'ver got the fan installed correctly, but the light doesn't work. I've taken apart the bottom portion containing the lighting wires, and checked them, seems fine. I tried taking the bulbs out, usng new bulbs, etc. No luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks, jason mac.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-05-18T17:09:47+0000  by monkey5672 monkey5672

Hey Jason Mac,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community!

I'm not sure if you have the Wellston Oil-Rubbed Bronze or white version, but both are the same in construction.

Hampton Bay Wellston 44 in. Oil-Rubbed Bronze Ceiling Fan

As long as you have followed the manufacturer's instructions for the install, there can be other issues at hand. For example, is your fan on one switch or two?

If that is the case, you'll have to hook the  blue wire (thats the hot lead for the light kit) to the hot wire from the ceiling box to the light switch. Make sure all electrical connections are secure for all wires; even a neutral wire not capped will cause the lights to fail.

However, if you have done all of the options above, I would suggest contacting Hampton Bay's customer service hotline. Shown below, you'll need to give them your model number as well as SKU which is on the top of your fans motor housing.

hampton bay customer service hotline

Keep us posted on your progress, and any further questions we will be here for you.

Cheers,

Joseph

Posted 2013-05-18T18:55:56+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+