Sign In to join the community | Help
Tools & Hardware

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan: Langston 60" Problem

I purchased a ceiling fan and had it installed by private contractor. I added a 72" downrod as it is in a room with very high ceiling. The clevis pin and Cotter pin were installed but the two screws labeled "Tighten Screw Firmly" on manual page 4 did not screw in at all. Not able to rotate them.  This fan replaces a working fan of different style. The power switch is a speed selector on the wall (4 positions). When the fan is turned on the motor housing torques clock-wise (rotates about 15 degrees in the high speed setting) and the blades rotate counter-clockwise. The fan motor should not move; only the fan blades. What is the cause of this movement. When I turn the fan off the motor housing returns to its original position.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-10-22T00:03:55+0000  by L_Houston L_Houston

The set screws that keep the fan from twisting due to torquing are not tightened. Check the original down rod and see if there are holes in it that align with the set screws that you mentioned would not screw down. Correct this problem or eventually the wires will become frayed and short out.

Mobile Home Repair DIY Help

Posted 2011-10-22T00:31:41+0000  by DIY Mobile Home Repair

Hi, L_Houston.

Thanks for surfing onto our How-To Community.

If you are still having issues with this fan, please feel free to reach out to our technical support department via phone for troubleshooting tips, or parts if you wind up needing some to resolve this issue.

You can reach them at (877) 902-5588, 10:30am - 8pm EST.

They will need your SKU number you provided, or you can give them the UPC number here: 792145352891 so they can advise for your exact fan.

As always, if you have any questions, feel free to email me so I can assist.

Nicki_Care@homedepot.com

-Thanks, Nicki

Posted 2011-10-25T14:19:52+0000  by THDCustomerCare

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+