Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Problem

Hello,

I have Hampton Bay model AC-418 ceiling fan that has stopped working correctly after about a year of trouble free use.  For no reason that I can discern, the fan stopped working and the lights are very dim.  I can spin the fan easily by hand.  When all of the light bulbs are removed, the sockets have 120 volts, but if a light bulb is plugged in then the voltage in the other sockets will drop to about 13 volts.  Lights and fan are not responsive to the remote control.  Batteries in the remote control are good and the red light on the remote control lights up when any of the buttons are pushed.  I'm thinking I may have a bad remote receiver, but am not 100% sure by any measure.  Can anybody help out with troubleshooting this?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-01-09T23:38:29+0000  by cerulean1300s cerulean1300s

Hi. Well, at least in my case, it was the receiver. It happened that I needed to buy another fan anyway, so I bought an identical one and switched the receiver. It worked. Than I went back and returned the defective receiver for a new one. All three fans are working OK right now. Hope this helps.

Posted 2013-11-12T09:00:45+0000  by Boricua
Light works fan does not please help with this problem.lloyd
Posted 2013-11-19T13:40:12+0000  by Lloydy163

Hey Lloydy163,

Thanks for joining us here on the community!

Can you give us more information regarding your Hampton Bay ceiling fan? Without knowing if you do or don't have a remote, what kind of Hampton Bay it is, and even what specfically is going on with the light kit will assist us, and you greatly.

You'll first need to get the model number/SKU/UPC from the top of the fans motor housing. Once you do that, you can contact Hampton Bay directly at the number below.

1011_15_HamptonBay_CustServ_.jpg

Please update us on your situation, and let us know if you have any additional questions.

Joseph

Posted 2013-11-20T20:55:16+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Hey huck,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the community!

For both your Campbell and Lonestar Hampton Bay fans, it sounds like the receivers went out or that the dip switches weren't set to either. 

While you can get a replacement Campbell receiver/remote at our store, you'd need to check with Hampton Bay directly to see what type of receiver goes for your Lonestar, as there are 2 types of them.

Universal On and Off Ceiling Fan Remote Control

Check the dip switches for both receivers and remotes, give them new batteries, and then if that doesn't work after installing them correctly, I'd contact Hampton Bay.

Both fans will have their UPC/model number/SKU on a sticker on top of the motor housing. This is important for getting replacement parts. After finding that information, contact Hampton Bay directly at their number below.

1011_15_HamptonBay_CustServ_.jpg

Please let me know if you have any further questions,

Joseph

Posted 2013-11-20T21:06:03+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

I have a Hampton bay ceiling fan, Recently my power went out and my remote to the ceiling fan stopped working. The battery is good and the red light is on. I reset the deip switches. Now the fan works, and the lower light works. But the top light will not work. It is just "on" all the time unless I shut it off using the wall switch which will turn everyhting off. Any help would be appreciated.

Steve

Posted 2015-06-03T13:34:12+0000  by steve815
I have a Hampton Bay Southwind 52 in. ceiling fan Model #52379.  I installed in a second rarely used bedroom in my new apt.  I was the first tenant in the (at the time) new apartment complex.  I would turn on only on occasion to get air circulating in the room.  I leave the wall switch in the on position and use the remote to turn on/off the light and the fan.  After a few months of non-use, I tried to turn it on and nothing happened.  The wall switch was on and the remote light would light up when I pushed the button.  All other electrical outlets in the room work.  I turned off the main breaker to the room and checked all the wire connectors in the fan, checked the remote/ receiving tab settings (they matched....as it worked for a few months).  I reinstalled and checked the wires with a volt meter.  It's too bad I had the fans light and fan in the off position when it went out because I can't check with the switch until I figure out a fix.  I just want to make sure it's the receiver/ remote.  I don't want to go through the entire installation of the receiver only to find it's a faulty fan.
Posted 2015-07-27T15:08:52+0000  by Rebel96
I believe we recently had a power surge, although I was not home at the time. Now I have discovered that my ceiling fan (model 27185) does not turn on at all, with or without the remote--completely dead. The light on the remote is working with a fresh battery. I suspect (hope) this is an issue with the remote, as I have read in the comments.
Posted 2015-08-01T13:13:11+0000  by shuzensox
I have Bryant 46 in Ceiling Fan with light. The light only works sometimes. The light comes on then turns immediately off.  I have changed the light switch. to see if this would solve the problem but it did not. It sounds like something is clicking when the light comes on and then goes off. Sometimes the light works but rarely.

What could it be?
Posted 2015-08-09T19:32:44+0000  by DCTIM1906
 I am having two problems with my Hampton bay ceiling fan. The first is that the fan stays on high unless you press and hold down the button controlling a different setting on the remote.   For instance, if you press and hold the button for low speed, the fan slows down  until you take your finger off the button, after which the fan speeds up to high again. If you press and hold the off button it will turn off, but then it will speed back up again to the highest setting when you take your finger off the off button.   To see if the problem could be with the remote, I tried the  fan with a different remote that goes to another Hamilton bay fan in my house, by adjusting the dip switches. I had the same results, so I do not think that it is a problem with the remote. Any suggestions? 

My other problem is that when I press and hold the light button on the remote, it does not dim the light.  The light will only turn on and off. Could it be a problem with the type of lightbulb I have in that?  For instance, will the dimmer only work with incandescent bulbs? 

Thanks!
Posted 2015-10-24T14:25:33+0000  by Amymo
I would always recommend finding the manual. Sometimes Home Depot do not have manuals for all of the fans and so knowing where else to look online is helpful. Here is a tip in fixya regarding locating difficult to find manuals.Hampton Bay Lighting Manuals
Posted 2016-06-06T10:37:19+0000  by joecooper
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+