Sign In to join the community | Help
Electrical

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Won't Work

I have a Hampton Bay Southwind V UPC 082392244545 Model 52-ANT. The light is not working, I checked the bulb etc and I found that there is power to the light when the bulb is removed but as soon as I seat the bulb, there is no longer power to the light feed. I spoke with Home Depot Hampton Bay and they suggested to replace the Wattage Limiter so I ordered one. I have looked in the light kit compartment and the only part in there is the CBB61 Motor Capacitor. I don't see a limiter. Please advise.
Thank you,
Kevin
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-10-28T22:26:49+0000  by christies57 christies57

Hey Kevin,

Thanks for joining us on the community.

I'm not sure who at Hampton Bay you spoke with, but it looks as though as you need to contact them again. 

If the wattage limiter is inside the canopy housing or somewhere else under the motor, this part can be replaced. 

Just to make sure, it wouldn't hurt to contact them again at the number below....this may or may not be the same one you called earlier.

Image result for hampton bay customer service

Keep checking your housings, at the light kit as well as the canopy at the ceiling to see where this wattage limiter is located. And contact Hampton Bay again once you have received the part. 

Let us know if you have further questions,

Joseph

Posted 2016-10-29T17:13:49+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+