Sign In to join the community | Help
Tools & Hardware

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan remote eating batteries...

Hello,

I recently (a few months ago) purchased a set of Hampton Bay ceiling fans from the clearance section of the local Home Depot (Redondo Beach, CA). Since then, the remote batteries die once a week. Is this normal? The batteries that came in the package died in the first few days of operation and since then I have been running to the store to buy new 23A batteries. Also, the fan has no manual switches for operation so I need the remote to change fan speed and turn the light on and off.

Does this sound like an issue with the remote itself? The first few times (I have replaced the batteries 4 times in 2 months) I thought it may have been a bad batch of batteries, but then it kept happening.

As it is within the 1 year warranty, do you think I should contact  Hampton Battery request replacement remotes? Will that help?

I am sorry I do not have the model of the fan itself but the remote is Model: DL-4103T01.

Please help.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-09-26T17:26:55+0000  by gimpy05 gimpy05

Hello gimpy05 and thank you for joining The Community.  We are glad that you are here.

You are right; it sounds like the remotes are super hungry and you should not have to replace the batteries quite so often. 

Our Hampton Bay team can help you diagnose the problems and get your remote controls working properly again!  They are here to help from start to finish - call them at 1-877-527-0313 and select option 2.

They will first ask you for the UPC or SKU of the ceiling fan to properly identify the model and manufacturer.  You may be able to find the UPC from the sales receipt or retrieve the SKU from the side of the box (if it was in a box in the clearance section).  You can locate the 12 digit UPC code (all numbers – no letters) found on the sticker on top of the motor housing.  If you cannot retrieve the code from the top of the motor housing, then send a photo to help identify your ceiling fan. (The Hampton Bay team will give you the correct e-mailing address.)

The Hampton Bay team can also get the Use and Care Manual and Installation/ Assembly Instructions for your ceiling fan.  They can also review any warranty concerns that your many have.  Be sure to write the UPC and SKU numbers as well as the model name and numbers in your manual for future reference. 

Best wishes with your project.

DW Deco.png

Posted 2012-09-27T14:40:04+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+