Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

Hampton Bay Fan Problem

My husband and I bought a Hapton Bay celing fan (Cherokee 56 inch. ETL MOdel No. CF556BR-Crk). We just now had the time to install it, about a year later. After installing it all, we believe the receiver is fried...(it shorts the circut breaker every time we turn it on.) Since it took us 3 hours to install the fan, taking it down isn't really an option....not to mention my husband threw the box away. >:-[

Where can we buy a new receiver? Or, since it was on clearance for $80, should I just eat the cost, and trash the whole thing and get a new fan? This is very frusterating, for we live in North Carolina, and it is quite hot here. 

Please help!!!

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-08-11T16:35:39+0000  by aubs6904 aubs6904

Hello aubs6904 and welcome to The Community. We are glad that you are here.

Thank you for having the name and model number of your Hampton Bay ceiling fan.  Our Hampton Bay team is here to help from start to finish: call them at 1-877-527-0313 and select option 2.  You can contact them with the name and model number, however the team may need additional information to correctly obtain the proper manufacturing data for your ceiling fan.

Since the box is gone, locate the 12 digit UPC code (all numbers – no letters) found on the sticker on top of the motor housing.  This will identify the exact model and manufacturer of the fan.  The UPC is the preferred information to exactly identify your ceiling fan.

Safety Note:  Be sure to switch off the correct breaker before removing the motor housing.   If you will be using a ladder, place it on a level surface and be sure to have a helper spot you.  The ladder will need to support your weight as well as the weight of the ceiling fan.

The team can diagnose and help you get the ceiling fan operating again.  Best wishes on your project and please keep us posted on your progress. 

Eileen script.png

Posted 2013-12-03T18:01:31+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+