Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

Hampton Bay Fan not working....

I have a Hampton Bay Southwind 52 in. ceiling fan Model #52379.  I installed in a second rarely used bedroom in my new apt.  I was the first tenant in the (at the time) new apartment complex.  I would turn on only on occasion to get air circulating in the room.  I leave the wall switch in the on position and use the remote to turn on/off the light and the fan.  After a few months of non-use, I tried to turn it on and nothing happened.  The wall switch was on and the remote light would light up when I pushed the button.  All other electrical outlets in the room work.  I turned off the main breaker to the room and checked all the wire connectors in the fan, checked the remote/ receiving tab settings (they matched....as it worked for a few months).  I reinstalled and checked the wires with a volt meter.  It's too bad I had the fans light and fan in the off position when it went out because I can't check with the switch until I figure out a fix.  I just want to make sure it's the receiver/ remote.  I don't want to go through the entire installation of the receiver only to find it's a faulty fan.
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2015-07-28T13:38:21+0000  by Rebel96 Rebel96

Hi Rebel96, welcome to the community. Sorry to hear your fan has quit working. I have found the information you need in order to get you some help right away.

Your fan UPC code is 082392523794, model 52379, SKU number 813-875. With this information you can place a call to the Hampton Bay service team and they can help figure out what the problem is and how to fix it. If it turns out you need repair parts you can order them at that time.

Hampton Bay service team phone # 1-877-527-0313 M-F 8 am-6 pm (EST).

Posted 2015-07-30T17:21:53+0000  by Ken_HD_OC

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+