Sign In to join the community | Help
Tools & Hardware

Hampton Bay Fan - remote or receiver problem? What is the likelihood?

I have a ceiling fan that has no pullchains. Remote control only. It does not work anymore. It just stopped working. The remote has fresh batteries and appears to work but there is no red light built on the unit that flashes to indicate that the transmitter is working. The electrical circuit is hot so it is clearly a communication problem between the remote and the fan. How can I diagnose where the problem is before having to guess?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-11-18T13:30:30+0000  by CThomeowner CThomeowner

Hi, CThomeowner.

Apologies for the issues with the fan. The symptoms of the fan you mentioned do not point to a specific part being the issue, so I would suggest you to locate the UPC on the fan & then call our Hampton Bay Customer Care team (877-527-0313) so they can connect you with the tech support department & assist you to resolution on this.

The 12 digit UPC (looks like 123456-123456), is found on a sticker on the top of the motor housing (also on receipt & barcode on box). I've attached a picture of the sticker the UPC/SKU is on so you can find it easily.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you for reaching out.

- Nicki

Posted 2012-11-20T19:58:01+0000  by THDCustomerCare

I have a Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Model 54-CVT ,with no other way to operate but the remote control. After operating well for 3 years the remote stop working and now neither the fan or the light turn on. Put brand new batteries but it didn't do the trick. The Remote control Model No. is UC7087T with a display and when we press either the light or fan buttons the display works as it supposed on the remote, but nothing happens on the ceiling fan or lihght. Any recommendations.

Posted 2012-11-21T02:19:48+0000  by LuisV

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+