Sign In to join the community | Help
Tools & Hardware

Hampton Bay Fans - Remote Control Problems

We purchased 5 Hampton Bay Fans from Home Depot in 2008(?) and had them installed. Less than a year later all but one of them would no longer respond to the remote. We have discarded the boxes and receipts since it was so long ago and are unable to find a model number anywhere on the fans so I am including a photo below. I have read that Hampton Bay fans are infamous for issues with the remote.  What may be the fix and if replacement parts are needed is this covered by Hampton Bay? Thanks!!!

photo fan_zps0ce7245c.jpg

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-01-18T17:33:53+0000  by missheidica missheidica

Good afternoon missheidica,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community!

I viewed about 200 of our in-stock and online only Hampton Bay ceiling fans, and I saw a few that came close, but I believe yours was discontinued a few years ago.

This isn't to say though, that by contacting Hampton Bay directly that you'll be able to your replacement parts.

As for obtaining the part number on your ceiling fan, you may have to remove the top decorative glass piece (we sell a similar model named Rhodes that does this) to see the model number shown on top of the housing.

If this kind of fan was like the Rhodes Hampton Bay ceiling fan, the receiver in the ceiling fan could be the culprit. If you grab the model number from the top of the motor housing after taking off/moving the top glass portion, you'll get the number, and after that, call the number shown below.

hamptonbay###.JPG

Without a model number (and since we don't carry this fan online, only similar ones), we can't assist you further in obtaining the correct replacement parts. However, judging by the similar Rhodes model ceiling fan, the replacement of the remote control shouldn't be an issue.

Let us know if this has assisted you, and we hope to hear your progress on your ceiling fan.

Cheers,

aboveaveragejoe

Posted 2013-01-19T17:29:49+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

I was having the same problem with all of my remotes, about a year later. It turned out to be nothing more than weak batteries. Solid-state devices do weird things when batteries are low, that don't look like battery issues. Examples:

- Fans would change speeds by themselves

- You can turn fans and lights on and off but not adjust speeds or brightness

- Later the remotes stop working completely

Make sure that you've checked the simplest things first

Posted 2013-11-24T17:44:39+0000  by larryo

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+