Sign In to join the community | Help
Electrical

Hampton Bay LED Won't power off light VFB25ACLED2

Hello,

I have model 

VFB25ACLED2

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Hampton-Bay-80-CFM-Ceiling-Exhaust-Fan-with-LED-Light-and-Nightlight-VFB25ACLED2/204504256

It has been installed for about three years and was working fine. Recently however the main light will not power off. 

I've reviewed the wiring and there appears to be no damage or shorts. The fan still turns on and off as expected. I went as far as disconnecting both of the power switches to the LED lights and they are still powered on while the fan switch is connected in either the open or closed state. I have disconnected the light module for now as I am stumped.

I had thought maybe the common had some how got crossed but it appears to be landed correctly and bonded together per the instructional manual.

I am not sure what to check, could something have bonded internally to ceiling/lighting unit?

Thanks,
Jim
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-05-01T18:43:52+0000  by dimmak42 dimmak42

Hey dimmak42,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community!

Just to make sure, your Hampton Bay Bath Fan is the one shown below and linked here, correct?

Hampton Bay 80 CFM Ceiling Exhaust Fan with LED Light and Nightlight

As long as you have tested it and haven't replaced the switch with a dimmer, then the culprit may be the LED driver itself.

However, check all connections to the light AS WELL AS the switch itself to ensure all is well with the circuit. 

Whether it's a broken solenoid or part of the driver, a bad driver sounds like the source of the issue since it's an integrated part. A voltage surge/spike generally disables the driver, but something could of happened like that to cause it to never turn off. 

Other than the double-checking the wiring, this is the only solution that could be causing the issue.

Your best bet is to call Hampton Bay with your model and SKU number of your bath fan to see if you can get a replacement LED for the fixture.

Contact them below via the phone number in the image.

Since this is an integrated part, this is really the only option short of replacing the unit.

Having a multimeter or basic tester can go a long way to determine if the switch is indeed receiving the proper line voltage. 

Let us know if you have any further questions,

Joseph

Posted 2016-05-02T17:28:21+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+