Sign In to join the community | Help
Install & Replace

Hampton Bay Model AC-552 - Chain ripped out of light switch

I have a Hampton Bay model AC-552 SKU# 778-848 fan with the light assmebly.  Someone pulled the chain to turn the light on and it ripped out of the switch completely.  There is no chain left to connect an extension to it, so I'm assuming I'll have to replace the light switch all together.

this is a 3 wire switch with Blue (N), Black (M) and Red (P) wires.  The letters noted after the color are how the switch is labeled.  Does Home Depot carry a replacement switch?  If not, where can I find a replacement?  This fan is super old (manufactured in 1999, but it works fine otherwise)  A cheap solution would be a great help.  Please let me know.

Thanks!

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-02-25T00:16:45+0000  by bappel24 bappel24

they do sell a replacement switch and they are easy to install
Posted 2013-02-25T00:58:48+0000  by sloopy66

Hi, Bappel24.

Thank you for reaching out.

We can definitely look into locating a replacement switch for you.

Typically the SKU can be helpful in identifying the fan, but this SKU is not coming up in our system, perhaps due to the age of the fan.

Please check the top of the fan for a sticker that has a 12 digit UPC number on it (I have attached a picture of what the sticker looks like) or you could take a picture of the fan and give our Hampton Bay customer care team a call at 1-877-527-0313 so they can try ti ID the fan for you. Then they'll be able to advise if a manufacturer's part can be located or if a universal switch at the store may work.

Thank you again!

- Nicki

Posted 2013-02-25T16:01:52+0000  by THDCustomerCare
UPC# 792145327752
Posted 2013-02-25T16:03:39+0000  by bappel24

Hi Bappel24, welcome and glad you joined the community. I reached out to the Hampton Bay team.

You are right your fan is an older model. Thank you for the UPC code.

Your fan was manufactured by a company called TAL. TAL stated you would have to replace with a new light kit; unfortunately the light kits are not manufactured any more.

You may find the part you need at a company with the web address of www.eceilingfans.com. Other than that you would have to replace with a new fan. 

Posted 2013-02-25T17:15:35+0000  by Ken_HD_OC

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+