Sign In to join the community | Help
Electrical

Hampton Bay Model EF200-36 wiring diagram

I am replacing my ceiling fan switch for the above noted model.  I need a wiring diagram but have been unable to find one online.

I was unable to note the positions of the wires when I opened the housing as the switch had broken apart and several of the wires were already displaced.

thanks!
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2015-08-30T19:18:33+0000  by bhsd bhsd

Hi bhsd,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community.

Since the switch already was broken apart when you opened the housing as you stated, it is imperative that you contact Hampton Bay directly to see if they possibly have a wiring setup diagram.

Westinghouse Replacement 3-Speed Fan Switch with Pull Chain for Single-Capacitor Ceiling Fans

In the years that I've dealt with ceiling fans, regardless of brand, it was imperative to know how the wiring was setup, since these were already assembled and the manuf. may not know of the wiring setup.

However, contact Hampton Bay below with their phone number. Give them your  model number, and they may have a diagram setup. However, if they do not, you will most likely need to wire it through trial and error...as no fan switch is the same from even model to model lots of times.

Keep us posted on your progress,

Joseph

Posted 2015-08-31T16:05:14+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL
Hello bhsd.

Your fan motor switch will have 4 terminals marked:
L, 1, 2 and 3.

While there is no way for me to know which color wires go to terminals 1, 2, and 3, the L terminal stands for "line in" and it always seems to be the black wire that goes there.

With the black on L, the other wires hooked up incorrectly will result in the fan not having the right sequence of speeds.  Correctly wired the fan should cycle from High, Medium, Low and Off.

It is important that the fan is wired to start on High, as this gives the motor the maximum power to start up.  Otherwise, if the other 2 wires are interchanged it is only an inconvenience to have a sequence of High, Low, Medium and Off.

Chris.

Posted 2015-09-01T15:30:23+0000  by Chris_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+