Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

Hampton Bay Redington II Ceiling Fan Lights go On and Off on their own

If I may inquire for some assistance to a problem I am having with a ceiling fan. The ceiling fan is a Hampton Bay Redington II Model 268-719 with installed light kit. The lights keep coming on and off on their own. I am unable to keep them off, they keep turning on. Are they possessed? It's like having a phantom in the house.  Could you offer some suggestions?  Do I need to replace the light kit receiver? Or do I need an exorcist?

Thank you for your time and assistance. I greatly appreciate it.

Shar

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-07-10T03:38:32+0000  by SharLynn69 SharLynn69

Hey there Shar,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your question!

I've worked with ceiling fans and lighting fixtures for many years, and I've yet to run across a banshee, ghost, or apparition in any of them!

The Redington family is an older line of ceiling fans we no longer carry. Even the SKU number you gave us isn't online anymore. If this fan does carry a receiver (the part that makes the remote control work in your fan), that maybe the culprit.

If it does have a remote control, you'll need to replace it. If it doesn't, you may have a loose/bad wire(s) in your light kit.

As for replacing specific parts, you can contact Hampton Bays Customer Service hotline, shown below.

1011_15_HamptonBay_CustServ_.jpg

Certain items, like light kits and basic ceiling fan remotes, are sold in our stores. But, contact the number above with your SKU number to get the right information and guidance first.

I hope this information has assisted you, and let us know if you have any additional questions.

Joseph

Posted 2013-07-10T18:21:01+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+