Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

Hampton Bay Redington III Ceiling Fan

I recently moved into an apartment, which has a Hampton Ceiling Fan with Light Kit. The fan works fine; however, there is no remote in the apartment and there are no on/off or speed chains on the fan. The fan becomes operational with the wall switch. However, the lights and the fan come on together and there is no way to individually switch on/off the lights and the fan or to increase or decrease the speed of the fan.

Since, there are no labels on the fan showing the model reference number or part number, I compared the physical fan with images on the web and was able to deduce that this fan is Redington III model.

I have following questions:

1. Does this fan has a remote receiver built-in it?

2. If yes, what remote (transmitter)  model is required with this fan? Please advise the model/part number.

3. Can we order this remote from Home Deport or any other source?

4. If after getting the remote, if the fan still is not seperately/individually operable, then what should be the next step to resolve the problem.

I would be much obliged for your kind assistance on an URGENT basis.HB Redington Fan -1.jpgHB Redington -2.jpgHB Redington Fan - 3.jpg  

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2014-02-06T09:58:21+0000  by Nadeem Nadeem

Hello again Nadeem,

Just to make sure you saw it, I answered your other question regarding the owners manual for your fan already. You can view the post by clicking here.

As for your questions on here, I'll attempt to answer them in the manner in which you asked them.

1. Does this fan has a remote receiver built-in it?

Technically, no in the sense that you can take out the receiver. You should be able to find it 

2. If yes, what remote (transmitter)  model is required with this fan? Please advise the model/part number

If this fan is a Redington III or IV, based off the pics you uploaded, it should be a remote/receiver system that is sold in our stores that is universal. Since the ceiling fan's receiver is above the motor housing in the ceiling canopy, this should be easier for you to remove and replace it. 

Just be sure that when you replace a receiver, you'll need to make sure the transmitter is as well. This is to ensure that all parts work perfect with each other.

3. Can we order this remote from Home Deport or any other source?

Since this receiver is located in the ceiling canopy, it would be fairly simple to replace it and find a new receiver/transmitter kit.  With that said, we sell online and in the store replacement remote control kits. These have both transmitter and receiver, to ensure everything works.

4. If after getting the remote, if the fan still is not separately/individually operable, then what should be the next step to resolve the problem.

If that situation happens, you'd next need to check your wiring connections on the wall switch as well as in the ceiling. Before you get to that point, replace the receiver/transmitter remote.

Please let me know if you have any further questions,

Joseph

Posted 2014-04-12T17:30:29+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+