Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

Hampton Bay Replacement Bulb

Hi,

I have a Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan.  I need a replacement bulb for this fan. 

Here is the information:

Model No: EF200DA-52

UPC# 082392467371

It says that it takes "Max 60W Intermediate Base Type A" bulb.  What does this mean?

Thanks,

Rob

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-10-03T01:49:10+0000  by rjm2742 rjm2742

Hello rjm2742.  Welcome to the Community.

Hampton bay bulb.

The manufacturer of the  Hampton Bay Coby Ceiling fan with light recommends using a 14 watt compact florencent bulb or CFL, (equivalent to a 60-watt standard incandescent light bulb). When they state "max 60W intermediate Base Type A" bulb, they are saying not to exceed 60 watts with a type "A" base, which is used in your standard medium light socket.  

CFL.jpgincandescent.jpg

If you need more information, please ask.

Charlotte.

I am a Home Depot Associate, trained and authorized to help people on the internet.

Posted 2013-10-04T14:53:55+0000  by Char_HD_CHI

Hey rjm2742,

Thanks for joining us here on the community!

While I agree with about the shape of the bulb to use, I'll have to unfortunately disagree with the size of the base.

An intermediate base bulb is smaller than a standard size bulb. While the A shape (A means arbitrary, or omnidirectional lighting) is the same, this base is not a medium base.

The ceiling fan industry started placing these as well as non-medium base bulbs in fixtures around 2007 to prevent customers from putting higher wattage bulbs in their fan lights, creating a fire hazard.

Make sure that whatever bulb you purchase states that it is an intermediate base on the packaging. As Charlotte showed, we do carry these in basic incandescent and even more energy efficient CFL bulbs. And not to worry, these aren't uncommon or rare bulbs, they are readily available in our stores everyday.

In fact, you can click on the bulbs below so you can view and price them yourself.

GE 40-Watt Crystal Clear A15 Ceiling Fan Intermediate Base Incandescent Light Bulb (2-Pack)EcoSmart 14-Watt (60W) Intermediate Base Soft White CFL Light Bulb (2-Pack)

Let me know if you have any further questions,

Joseph

Posted 2013-10-05T15:59:29+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+