Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

Hampton Bay Romano brighter light kit

Our Hampton Bay ceiling fan lights are not bright enough for our needs. Are there any integrated pan style light kits we can purchase? We need much brighter lights than is on the fans?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2014-01-20T00:09:03+0000  by Lexicon Lexicon

Most fan light kits limit bulbs to about 60 watts.  Unless you've got a fan light that uses intermediate base bulbs, the only option is to replace a standard incandescent bulb with compact fluorescent.   A 100 watt CFL equivalent will use about 23 watts, well within the fan's specs.

Posted 2014-01-20T01:23:59+0000  by Adam444

Thanks for the information.

So to clarify I should be looking for a florescent light kit that will fit that ceiling fan?

Posted 2014-01-20T08:10:41+0000  by Lexicon

Is there a florescent (pan style) light kit that would fit on the Romano ceiling fan? I hope I do not have to replace or remove ceiling fans but we really need much brighter lights. Thus, perhaps there is a ceiling fan light kit that will solve problem. I am not thrilled with florescent lights but I will use if that solves problem. So, I just need to find an integrated pan style florescent light kit for the fan.

At least the fluorescent bulbs will narrow my search a bit.

Posted 2014-01-20T08:23:03+0000  by Lexicon

Hi, Lexicon.

We definitely understand your need for more light on this fan & we'd be happy to reach out to the manufacturer to find out if there are different bulbs or a different light kit that can be used on this fan.

I did try to look up the HB Romano fan in our system but I wasn't able to locate it. The model #, SKU, & UPC are all located inside the manual as well as on top of the fan motor housing. I've attached a picture of the housing sticker here so you can locate it easily.

After you find the info, just give our Hampton Bay team a call at 877-527-0313.

Thanks!

-Nicki

Posted 2014-01-20T20:40:13+0000  by THDCustomerCare

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+