Sign In to join the community | Help
Tools & Hardware

Hampton Bay San Marino fans (2) stopped working

I have 2 of these fans:

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053&R=100077547&catEntryId=100077547

They've been working fine (although always rather loud) up until a few days ago.  The lights work fine but the fan will not work on either.  I checked wiring to make sure nothing out of place (even reconnected all wires to assure proper connection) but to no avail.  I even switched the bottom portion (there's a harness connector inside of the dome area where the bulb housing is) but neither worked otherwise.  I hate to have to replace them.  The internal components appear to be perfectly fine, no odd smells, no power outages or anything that could be responsible.

Any ideas?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-07-13T05:27:21+0000  by mj213 mj213

Hi mj213! I’m Blake, and I’m here to help. I’m sorry to hear about your problems, and it is really weird that they would both go out like that! It sounds to me like either a faulty motor, or motor-capacitor is the culprit. Before you replace the fans, I’d suggest you cal Hampton Bay customer service at 1-877-527-0313 (Mon-Fri 8-6 EST) as the motors in those units are guaranteed for life.

I’m sorry for the inconvenience, if there is anything else I can do to help you, please let me know.

-Blake 

Posted 2011-07-13T18:08:23+0000  by BlakeTheDiyGuy

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+