Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

Hampton Bay Sidewinder question

Hi -- I have a Hampton Bay sidewinder ceiling fan mounted in my porch. While some guys were power washing our house, they forgot to cover the base and apparently shorted out both the remote receiver in the base of the fan and the wall-mounted remote that was installed (the three-speed, light, reverse remote that came with the fan). While we were trouble shooting this, we had installed a different switch to be able to test it, and we eventually replaced both the remote receiver and wall remote. Everything is working except the fan won't go very fast - I worry that it got stuck in a medium or low setting while we were troubleshooting and now it won't go faster than the speed it was set at when we changed the remote.

Does anyone know if there is a way to reset the three-speed controls so it can go high/medium/low again? Will I need to temporarily replace the in-wall remote with a three-speed manual switch, dial it up to high, then turn it off and replace again with the in-wall remote?
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-04-24T13:02:43+0000  by jcvessey jcvessey

Hi jcvessey, welcome to the community. Sound like you did a great job trouble shooting, sorry to hear that didn't fix it.To get you some help right away you will need some information. You will need the model number and the UPC code. These are located on a sticker on top of the motor housing. You need these as there are several manufacture of the Hampton Bay fans.

Once you have that information you can call the Hampton Bays customer service team who can help you figure out what the problem is and how to fix it.If you need parts you can order at that time.

Here is the Hampton Bays customer service  phone number:
1-877-527-0323 Monday-Friday 8am-6pm (EST) Closed Saturday and Sunday. 

Posted 2016-04-25T15:46:36+0000  by Ken_HD_OC
Thanks! I'll get that info and give them a call!

Posted 2016-04-27T00:22:09+0000  by jcvessey

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+