Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

Hampton Bay Stylique model fan/track lighting - Remote nonfunctional for track lighting

Just installed a Hampton Bay ceiling Fan   "Stylique"  Model # 120-000 - Model has Track lighting integrated with the ceiling fan.  Lights and fan operational with on off switches - Remote operational for all of the fan functions but Remote will not dim or turn track lights on & off as model is supposed to do.   Light function on remote does nothing when pressed.       Checked dip switches and have power to the track lights.  Problem is only with the remote operation.   Help?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-01-17T13:52:57+0000  by ssbair ssbair

Hey ssabir,

Welcome to the community!

Quick question; what type of light bulbs are you using?

Posted 2011-01-17T14:21:34+0000  by George_HD_CHI

Hi ssbair,

I just wanted to add something onto what SteelToes has already asked previously. I had a fellow community member with a similar situation regarding their remote control on their ceiling fan recently here is the link to it:

Ceiling Fan Remote Troubleshooting

The info given the link may help you out on troubleshooting whats going on with your fan, and the steps needed to get it fixed.

Alongside the light bulbs, check out basic things such as checking to make sure the codes match on your remote (transmitter) to the receiver inside your fan. But again, check what kind of light bulbs you have on the fan as SteelToes has stated than we can go from there as to a proper diagnosis for the fan.

aboveaveragejoe

Posted 2011-01-17T16:02:13+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

The Halogen bulbs that came with the track lighting

Posted 2011-01-18T19:09:11+0000  by ssbair

Thanks for trying to help - The lights and remote for the fan work fine.  The problem is the remote operation of the TRACK lights.   This model is a combination track light with incorporate ceiling fan.  Remote has finctions for fan operation that works fine Remote also has function fro operation of the track lights to turn on/off or dimm  that is where the problem is.  The track lights work fine with on & off switch but will not work with remote.

See link to fan model    http://www.ceilingfanshamptonbay.com/hampton-bay-52-in-brushed-nickel-stylique-ceiling-fan-with-track-system/pid-1792592612

Posted 2011-01-18T19:19:06+0000  by ssbair

You are welcome ssbair.

Is your wiring for the track lighting integrated with a fan or there is a separate set of wires coming from track lighting and separate set from the fan?

Posted 2011-01-18T19:30:08+0000  by George_HD_CHI

ssbair wrote:

Thanks for trying to help - The lights and remote for the fan work fine.  The problem is the remote operation of the TRACK lights.   This model is a combination track light with incorporate ceiling fan.  Remote has finctions for fan operation that works fine Remote also has function fro operation of the track lights to turn on/off or dimm  that is where the problem is.  The track lights work fine with on & off switch but will not work with remote.

See link to fan model    http://www.ceilingfanshamptonbay.com/hampton-bay-52-in-brushed-nickel-stylique-ceiling-fan-with-track-system/pid-1792592612

TURN THE POWER OFF AT THE ELECTRICAL PANEL and check all of the connections again.

Follow the instruction manual and make sure that all of the connections for the receiver match instructions.

Check the connection between track lighting and receiver.

Assure that dip settings on the housing match the settings on the remote.

Also if there is an additional fan with remote make sure that dip settings are different than new fan settings.

In addition try few different dip settings; you could have devices in your home that interfere with fan remote.

Posted 2011-01-18T20:24:17+0000  by George_HD_CHI

The fan lights are not the problem - they work fine with the remote.  The light is a unit with track lighting and a ceiling fan incorporated into track lighting    http://www.ceilingfanshamptonbay.com/hampton-bay-52-in-brushed-nickel-stylique-ceiling-fan-with-track-system/pid-1792592612

The remote is to function to control fan and that works fine  but the remote also has a lighting function that is to turn the track lighting on and off as well as dim the track lights.  That is what doesn't work.    Track lights work with the on and off wall switch but not with the remote-  Remote Model UC7083T.

Internet research indicates a lot of problems with this remote  -Could that be the problem and how would I go about getting it replaced?

Posted 2011-01-18T21:37:36+0000  by ssbair

I believe they are integrated         link to light model http://www.ceilingfanshamptonbay.com/hampton-bay-52-in-brushed-nickel-stylique-ceiling-fan-with-track-system/pid-1792592612

Posted 2011-01-18T21:47:25+0000  by ssbair

Hi ssbair,

I’d like to have Tinzley from our Customer Care Team look into this for you. Can you email her directly at Tinzley_care@homedepot.com?

Posted 2011-01-18T22:00:52+0000  by HomeDepotTia

Sorry about delay in response - busy week.  I will be glad to contact this other individual.  Have you discussed the issue with them or do I have to start all over again?    Are you referring because you have some idea what may be wrong or are you stumped?

Posted 2011-01-21T14:40:03+0000  by ssbair
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+