Sign In to join the community | Help
Tools & Hardware

Hampton Bay ceiling fan AC 418 won't work

Hope you can help.  I installed this about a year ago and it worked great.  However, now it doesn't work at all.  For some time, it would work intermittantly.  I thought it was a loose connection to the fan, so I finally checked, but everything is ok.  Since the fan and the light have different connections, that probably wasn't the problem, anyhow, because neither are operating. I changed the battery in the remote and still nothing.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-03-05T18:11:43+0000  by FormulaZ FormulaZ

Hi there FormulaZ,

You are the owner of a 60" Brookdale Brushed Nickel AC-418-OBB, SKU#581-239 ceiling fan with light kit, correct? 

This may end up being an issue with the remote receiver inside the fan itself, not the transmitter (the hand-held remote) nor any wiring issues, since you said it just stopped working all of a sudden.

ac-418.JPG

I dislike seeing this being the 2nd problem on the community I have observed with this particular model, as I always stand behind all my Hampton Bay ceiling fans I have sold in the years I have worked in lighting. However, the previous problem was rememdied and we went over the troubleshooting in a previous post with another member of the community not too long ago.

Bottom line, you can save your fan without an entire replacement but it will need to replace the remote receiver inside the fan from what it sounds like your fan is doing. 

Check out the link provided and customer technical hotline below that, as this should get your ceiling fan back up and running. 

The link can be found here

The phone number for ceiling fan technical hotline is 1-8 7 7 - 9 0 2 - 5 5 8 8

The Brookdale is a beautiful and large ceiling fan that was a popular model we sold, lets get it working again for you by using these sources of contact info.

Thanks

aboveaveragejoe

Posted 2011-03-05T19:23:34+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Thank you!  Actually, it worked very intermittantly for a while, and I changed the remote battery a couple times, hoping that would work.  i will call the hotline and see what can be done.

Posted 2011-03-07T01:34:06+0000  by FormulaZ

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+