Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

Hampton Bay ceiling fan broke

My ceiling fan, Model # AC-552, broke recently.  The fan assembly broke.  The blades still turn, but it makes a horrible noise.  Can I replace the entire part that the fan blades are connected to?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-06-22T22:08:45+0000  by TeresaF TeresaF

Hi, TeresaF.

It IS actually a good sign that your blades still turn, so most likely just a part will need to be replaced instead of the whole fan.

Unfortunately the model number you provided is not the model for the whole fan but for one specific part and we cannot ID the whole unit from that. Please locate the UPC off the fan sticker on the top of the motor housing so we can assist. I've attached a picture of the sticket so you can locate it easily.

Once you have that, you can call our team at 1-877-527-0313 or email us at TeamSocial@homedepot.com.

Thank you!

-Nicki

Posted 2013-06-24T14:09:50+0000  by THDCustomerCare

Nicki,

Thanks for your reply.   I called the 800 number  before I saw your response and spoke with Lena.  There is no UPC code on the sticker on my fan.  Lena said that's because in 2001, when my fan was made,  they didn't put a UPC code on the stickers.  Lena asked me to send her pictures of the fan which I've done, so I'm waiting now to hear back from her.  I'm hopeful that she'll be able to identify the fan and see what part needs to be replaced.  Thanks for your comments.  I'll post here again with an update.

Posted 2013-06-24T14:28:09+0000  by TeresaF

The folks at Hampton Bay have not been able to identify my ceiling fan as one of theirs.  So, I dug through all my paperwork and found a "Ceiling Fan Installation/Operation Manual".  The pictures sure look like the fan that is broken.  But, I did not write down the date purchased, the store, model #, etc.  But, it looks like it's a Dynasty ROYAL Ceiling fan.  The 800 number on the Warranty Registration Card connects to some sweepstakes company!  The local number for their Customer Service Department is disconnected.  Now what??

Posted 2013-06-26T23:19:42+0000  by TeresaF

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+