Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

Hampton Bay ceiling fan doesn't respond to remote.

Light on remote works.  It went out a couple of months ago, then started working again, so I kept the light on all time.

This time, i came back form a trip,lights were out,  and it refuses to respond to any keypress on the remote.

UPC # 792145352792.  I realy don't want to take this fan down.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-02-06T23:17:40+0000  by lurkmcgurk lurkmcgurk

Hi Lurkmcgurk, I’m Ken with The Home Depot. Welcome to the community. Sorry to hear you’re having problems with your fan and lights.

Let’s get you on the right track to getting that fan fixed.

I see you have the UPC code; you will need the model number as well. These are located on a sticker on top of the motor housing.

This link has the number to get you help from the Hampton Bay Customer Service Team and you can order parts if needed at the same time. Hope this helps.

Thank you again for joining the community. We look forward to more of your questions and projects

Posted 2012-02-07T00:12:48+0000  by Ken_HD_OC

Mine did this too.  It was the battery.  For some reason it let me turn on the fan but the lights did not work until I changed the batteries.  Strange I know??

Posted 2012-02-07T02:30:15+0000  by KelliD

Hello lurkmcgurk and KelliD – thanks for joining the discussions.

This sounds like it may be the capacitor - I cannot explain changing the batteries but I am glad that it worked!  Our Hampton Bay Team can troubleshoot further over the phone (1-877-527-0313 then select option 2) like Foodieken said. 

Best wishes and please keep us posted on your progress.

DW pacifico.png

Posted 2012-02-07T15:39:37+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL
Nice to know others having similar problems. Fan works... Lights not responding. In our case, we had changed the batteries. I believe the contacts inside the remote are shot! The fan works, the UP light works (most of the time), but The DOWN light...is extremely annoying. Must press button in exactly right spot. I need to find replacement.
Posted 2012-10-04T04:10:35+0000  by Padoodler

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+