Sign In to join the community | Help
Install & Replace

Hampton Bay ceiling fan light kit

In October, we purchased a Hampton Bay Larson ceiling fan for our living room after buying a four lightHampton Bay for the bedroom. The Larson came with a bowl light kit. I broke the bowl when I accidentally hit the fan and my husband and I went back to the store to find a replacement. There weren't any, but the associate told us that another light kit would fit the fan and showed us which ones we could use and were available. We picked a Westinghouse 3-light kit. When we got it home to put it in, we realized that the cover on the top of the light kit would not allow it to fit into the area where the original light kit sits. I suggested removing just that top cover, but my husband said that would not fit. Is there a way to replace our existing light with the Westinghouse light kit and how would I go about that? There does not seem to be another way and no way to replace the original with an exact match, unless we buy a whole new fan.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-01-01T09:23:02+0000  by scs07 scs07

Hi, I purchased a Bay Island 52" ceiling fan with a 3 bulb light kit (small base).  Is there a replacement light kit that puts out more light available?  Not only does there seem to be a short in 2 of the 3 bulbs, I wind up removing the glass dome to get enough light output from the bulbs.  They are standard bulbs and max wattage for the kit.  Not to mention that I have to wiggle them to make them work in the first place.  Thanks,

Jason

P.S.  I also called the Hampton Bay number listed in a previous post and it says they are not available until after 5 PM EST?  Is this correct?  With no web presence and lack of customer service I am seriously considering replacing with a better national brand with better support. 

Posted 2013-06-06T19:40:31+0000  by gatorzzz

Hey I think I have the answer yes yes I'm a Canadian so any special offers are kinda null and void with me but I had to post this; okay I had bought a 52in ceiling fan from Hampton bay and I think it has the same problem with the little 12V MN21/A23 lights which are harder than hell to find, I mean its not like you can just buy those at the nearest grocery store. But anyway I've found, and this was completely by accident, that there is a power controller to the light bulbs, on the remote just press and hold the light button it will raise and lower the light level.

Posted 2012-07-31T02:41:28+0000  by canadainanswers

Hello katinhatt and thank you for joining The Community.  We are glad that you are here. 

I regret the problems that you have had in trying to get more light into your room.  I understand your frustration and have notified the ceiling fan team about this issue.

I appreciate you for taking the time to let us know about this problem and will update you about future solutions. 

Thank you for joining the discussions.

dw63.png

Posted 2012-03-27T13:02:55+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL

I too bought the Hampton Bay Larson and I am in agreement that the 2 LED bulb just does not add enough light to a room that you would typically get with a 52" fan.  

After hours of searching for a light kit, I wound up here, realizing that I was running out of any luck in finding something compatible, and ticked that I'm contemplating spending $50.  All the questions I can see on the site are not answered with anything except that there is not a light kit available to replace for the Larson (and another brand someone had the same complaint about) and that the representative is sorry for the dissatisfaction.

I'm going to add exactly what another added; THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.  Hampton Bay blew it with the insufficient lighting on the Larson fan and there isn't a solution.  Is there perhaps a "trend" that can be noted and an acceptable light kit manufactured to allow us to fix our problems without shelling out more money for another NEW fan?  This is NOT GOOD SERVICE at all!

Posted 2012-03-27T02:54:17+0000  by katinhatt

Hello fusco9 and thank you for joining the discussions.  We are glad that you are here. 

I am sorry to hear about your disappointment with the light output from the LEDs.  I have followed up with the manufacturer who told me that, due to the placement of the switch housing, there is no replacement kit available at this time.

Our Hampton Bay team can be contacted at 1-877-527-0313 (select option 2) for additional ceiling fan issues.

Thank you for joining The Community.

Posted 2012-03-09T15:46:52+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL

Hello 

I have the edgemont ceiling fan and I installed it about a year ago. Since then I have been highly disappointed with the light output from the minimal LED unit. Can you advise if there is a replacement kit for standard bulbs. This is completely unacceptable. The model number is 557-268. Thank you 

Posted 2012-03-07T01:11:52+0000  by fusco9

Hello mburns and thank you for joining The Community!  We are glad that you are here. 

The San Marino ceiling fan (SKU # 666834)is beautiful and has reversible blades in black and rosewood.

San Marino Ceiling Fan.jpg

I understand your frustration with making the conversion to the domed Altura light (SKU # 568978).  I recommend contacting the Hampton Bay team to walk you through your options and help you achieve the look that you desire in your bedroom.  Contact them at 1-877-527-0313 and select option 2.  They are here to help you.

Best wishes and please keep us posted on your progress.

Posted 2012-02-28T21:51:17+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL

Hello,

One of our bedrooms has a Hampton Bay San Marino 36 inch fan model # 68353.  My wfie would like to replace the light kit that has three bulbs with a domed light kit.  The Home Depot associate directed me toward the Hampton Bay Ultura light kit (model # 68069).  When I tried to switch out the light kits it doesn't appear that the Ultura will fit the San Marino fan.  It is not clear to me how to connect the new light kit to the existing wiring for the fan that was exposed when I removed the existing light kit.  It is also not clear how the new light kit attaches to the existing ceiling fan.  Additionally the dome light looks really large compared to the small fan.  Is there another dome light kit that would be a better fit for this fan or be easier to install?  Is it possible to replace light kits?

Thank you.

Posted 2012-02-24T16:37:28+0000  by mburns

Hello Jim and thank you for joining The Community!  We are glad that you are here.

I spoke to our Hampton Bay Team and they told me that this ceiling fan does not come with any other light kit - it is made just for the LED light bulb.  They also confirmed that you cannot replace it with any other light kit. 

I can understand your frustration about needing more light in your room.  Is it possible to create zones within the space, possibly adding supplemental light in a seating or working area, adding pendants over a fireplace or countertop, or even installing sconces on side walls?  If you send a photo or layout, we could design some options for you.

Best wishes on your project and please keep us posted.  Thanks for joining our discussions.

DW pacifico.png

Posted 2012-02-07T15:55:18+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL

Hello,

Can you tell me if there are any replacement light kits for a Hampton Bay Edgemont ceiling fan model number 557-268? The problem is that the output of this LED light kit that came with the fan is very poor and I need more lighting in the room in which it is located. Please let me know as soon as you get a chance if there are any such kits available to purchase for this model.

Thanks,

Jim

Posted 2012-02-05T19:52:00+0000  by JAHIII
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+