Sign In to join the community | Help
Install & Replace

Hampton Bay ceiling fan light kit

In October, we purchased a Hampton Bay Larson ceiling fan for our living room after buying a four lightHampton Bay for the bedroom. The Larson came with a bowl light kit. I broke the bowl when I accidentally hit the fan and my husband and I went back to the store to find a replacement. There weren't any, but the associate told us that another light kit would fit the fan and showed us which ones we could use and were available. We picked a Westinghouse 3-light kit. When we got it home to put it in, we realized that the cover on the top of the light kit would not allow it to fit into the area where the original light kit sits. I suggested removing just that top cover, but my husband said that would not fit. Is there a way to replace our existing light with the Westinghouse light kit and how would I go about that? There does not seem to be another way and no way to replace the original with an exact match, unless we buy a whole new fan.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-01-01T09:23:02+0000  by scs07 scs07

Hi, I purchased a Bay Island 52" ceiling fan with a 3 bulb light kit (small base).  Is there a replacement light kit that puts out more light available?  Not only does there seem to be a short in 2 of the 3 bulbs, I wind up removing the glass dome to get enough light output from the bulbs.  They are standard bulbs and max wattage for the kit.  Not to mention that I have to wiggle them to make them work in the first place.  Thanks,

Jason

P.S.  I also called the Hampton Bay number listed in a previous post and it says they are not available until after 5 PM EST?  Is this correct?  With no web presence and lack of customer service I am seriously considering replacing with a better national brand with better support. 

Posted 2013-06-06T19:40:31+0000  by gatorzzz
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+