Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

Hampton Bay ceiling fan/light and remote control Burned up!

I purchased a Trieste 52 in. Hampton Bay Ceiling fan/light with remote from Home Depot a year ago.  It went dead!  The electrician that installed it came back to see what the problem was.   The motor actually burned up!  120V/60HZ Max Motor 1.5A Model:UC7067RYK.  This could have caused a major fire in my house!  I sent an email to Hamptonbaylighting.net and they haven't answered.  I see there are others who have the same problems!  This is really dangerous!

IMADI

Hampton Bay Fan.JPG

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-09-19T22:46:26+0000  by IMADI IMADI

Hi, IMADI.

Thank you for reaching out about this issue. I am so sorry for the problem with the fan! This is not a known issue, but I will document it so that the manufacturer is advised of the issue & I will resolve this to your satisfaction. Please email the details, UPC from the sticker on the motor of the fan (picture of what it looks like attached here), if you have a copy of your receipt, what location it was purchased from, & your contact info to me at Nicki_Care@homedepot.com.

Home Depot does not operate an official Hampton Bay website. Since this brand is only sold by HD, we have a care team in here in our main office that handles all HB product/service issues from start to finish. The website you referred to in your post is not a Home Depot affiliated site.

When a customer has any issue with Hampton Bay or any proprietary brand only HD sells, they need to call our Hampton Bay support team, who is based here in the Home Depot corporate office. They can be reached at 1-877-527-0313.

Thank you, Nicki

Posted 2012-09-20T14:42:51+0000  by THDCustomerCare

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+