Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

Hampton Bay dimmer switch/light problem.

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan/light combination.  It has a dimmer and fan switch remote that I use to turn the light on and off.  Recently the remote has stopped working.  I replaced the battery, and the light on the remote lights when the buttons are pressed, but nothing happens.  Now when the wall switch is used to turn it on, the lights come on, but then dim and go off.  If the switch is turned off and then back on a few times, the lights will come on, go dim for a few seconds, blink a few timesvery rapidly, then go to full brightness and stay on.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Garrett

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-12-12T19:20:39+0000  by gast261 gast261

Hello Garrett and thank you for joining The Community. We are glad that you are here.

Our Hampton Bay team can help you diagnose the problems and get your ceiling fan, dimmer, and remote communicating again.  They are here to help from start to finish - call them at 1-877-527-0313 and select option 2.

First you will need to identify which ceiling fan that you have for fastest assistance. You can locate the 12 digit UPC code (all numbers – no letters) found on the sticker on top of the motor housing.  This will identify the exact model and manufacturer of the fan.  (Please take care when removing the ceiling fan:  Be sure to switch off the correct breaker first and use a ladder on a level surface that will support your weight plus the weight of the ceiling fan.)

If you cannot retrieve the code from the top of the motor housing, then send a photo to help identify your ceiling fan. The Hampton Bay team will give you the correct e-mailing address.

Best wishes on your project and please keep us posted on your progress. 

Eileen script.png

Posted 2013-12-13T15:50:33+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+