Sign In to join the community | Help
Electrical

Hampton Bay fan switched into reverse cannot switch to forward

I have a Hampton Bay San Juan fan but the remote control has ceased to work.

I  purchased a  replacement remote transmitter and receiver a FAN-11T.

The only difference between the new control and the original is that the original has a reverse mode the new one does not. I installed the FAN-11T and it worked instantly, however something happened that caused the fan to go into reverse mode even though there is NO reverse button. It seemed to happen when my wife pressed several button at once. Now the fan is in permanent reverse mode, the original remote xmitter still works and I can start and stop the fan and turn the light on and off but the reverse button has no effect.

Has anyone ever seen this problem before? can anyone help.

I have tried pressing many button combinations together with turning the AC off and on and removing and re-installing the battery

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-07-25T21:31:15+0000  by brit1066 brit1066

Hello brit1066 and welcome to The Community!  We are glad that you are here.

The San Juan fan is gorgeous (shown here in the dark finish).

Hampton Bay San Juan.jpg

You are correct - the universal remote does not usually go into reverse mode because it does not have a reverse button.  Our Hampton Bay Customer Service confirmed that you can sometimes change the fan pattern by pressing different button combinations.  (That makes both you and your wife correct!)

To help you get back into forward mode, I need you to locate the sticker on top of the motor housing with a 12 digit UPC code (the sticker with all numbers – no letters).  The ceiling fan manufacturer for this model is King of Fans.  Call them at 1-800-330-3267 with this UPC number and they can walk you through the steps needed (button combinations) to correct this issue. 

Please keep us posted with what happens and again thank you for joining our discussions.  Best wishes!

dw26.png

Posted 2011-07-26T13:33:15+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL

I have a similar problem with a Hampton Bay model 68-ATR fan. Cannot get it out of reverse. Who should I call for the button combinations? Thanks.

Posted 2012-02-22T19:12:35+0000  by gregarch

Hello gregarch and thank you for joining The Community!  We are glad that you are here.

Our Hampton Bay team can help you get your ceiling fan out of reverse and give you the proper button combinations.

You mentioned that you have the Hampton Bay model 68-ATR fan.  We will need a little more information to identify your specific ceiling fan and get the correct solution. 

* If your ceiling fan is a recent purchase and you still have the box, locate the model name and 6 digit SKU from the top or side of the packaging. 

* If the box is gone, locate the 12 digit UPC code (all numbers – no letters) found on the sticker on top of the motor housing.  This will identify the exact model and manufacturer of the fan. (Be sure to switch off the correct breaker before removing the motor housing.  If you will be using a ladder, place it on a level surface and be sure to have a helper spot you.  The ladder will need to support your weight as well as the weight of the ceiling fan while you retrieve the numbers.)

Now call the Hampton Bay team at 1-877-527-0313 and select option 2.  They will help you from start to finish - or reverse to forward for your ceiling fan!

Note: If you cannot retrieve the code from the top of the motor housing, then send a photo to help identify your ceiling fan. The Hampton Bay team will give you the correct e-mailing address and identify your fan.

Best wishes and thank you for joining the discussions!

dw3.png

Posted 2012-02-28T21:39:42+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL

try holding in the "high" speed button on the remote for several seconds. that is how my hampton bay altura fan reverses its direction with the remote, the remote has no reverse switch and the fan itself has no reverse switch or chain.

Posted 2012-03-14T13:51:14+0000  by reidvv
I have a Hampton Bay UPC 082392680688. It has the same problem however there is a reverse button on the remote but the remote has long since quit working. I have looked for a reverse switch on the fan itself with no luck. Any ideas?
Posted 2012-06-09T23:24:51+0000  by Jasrich75

Hello Jasrich75 and thank you for joining The Community.  We are glad that you are here. 

Call the Hampton Bay team at 1-877-527-0313 and select option 2.  They can identify the manufacturer of your Hampton Bay ceiling fan (from your UPC) and then will help you get the remote and ceiling fan working together again – in forward and reverse!

Best wishes and thank you for joining the discussions!

dw6.png

Posted 2012-06-12T12:42:10+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL

Hello,

I had a similar problem and called the customer service and they told me that my "reverse Module" was bad and that the cost of a new one is $27 including shipping. I have purchased the kit and will let you know how it works as soon as I receive it.

Thanks for the great tips.

JC

Posted 2012-06-16T04:53:20+0000  by dabikedude

This happened to us after a power failure. Fixing was simple:

- Using the remote controller, turn the fan off

- Manually spin the blades in desired direction

- Turn fan on / off / on

- Repeat until fan operating correctly

I had to use the on / off / on sequence four times. No problems since.

Posted 2012-12-28T15:57:30+0000  by GizmoRN72

I turned on my Hampton Bay fan and it was in reverse mode.  I have tried to change it witht the remote, but it is not working.  This is really frustrating.

Posted 2013-01-01T03:54:29+0000  by JanS

Hello JanS and thank you for joining The Community.  We are glad that you are here.

I understand your frustration with the ceiling fan not operating properly.  Can you provide a few more details about your Hampton Bay ceiling fan? 

For fastest assistance, contact our Hampton Bay team directly at 1-877-527-0313 and select option 2.  They will need the proper identification of your ceiling fan.

* If your ceiling fan is a recent purchase and you still have the box, locate the model name and 6 digit SKU from the top or side of the packaging.

* If the box is gone, locate the 12 digit UPC code (all numbers – no letters) found on the sticker on top of the motor housing.  This will identify the model and manufacturer of the fan.  The UPC is the preferred information to exactly identify your ceiling fan. 

SAFETY NOTES:  Be sure to switch off the correct breaker before removing the motor housing.  If you will be using a ladder, place it on a level surface and be sure to have a helper spot you.  The ladder will need to support your weight as well as the weight of the ceiling fan.

* If you cannot retrieve the code from the top of the motor housing, then send a photo to help identify your ceiling fan. The Hampton Bay team will give you the correct e-mailing address.

Once the ceiling fan has been identified, the Hampton Bay team can get the fan working properly and the remote control communicating with the ceiling fan.  They also can provide the Use and Care Manual and Installation/ Assembly Instructions for your ceiling fan.  Be sure to write the UPC and SKU numbers as well as the model name and numbers in your manual for future reference.

Best wishes on your project.

DW Logo Decorator.png

Posted 2013-01-04T14:57:47+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+