Sign In to join the community | Help
Electrical

Hampton Bay fan switched into reverse cannot switch to forward

I have a Hampton Bay San Juan fan but the remote control has ceased to work.

I  purchased a  replacement remote transmitter and receiver a FAN-11T.

The only difference between the new control and the original is that the original has a reverse mode the new one does not. I installed the FAN-11T and it worked instantly, however something happened that caused the fan to go into reverse mode even though there is NO reverse button. It seemed to happen when my wife pressed several button at once. Now the fan is in permanent reverse mode, the original remote xmitter still works and I can start and stop the fan and turn the light on and off but the reverse button has no effect.

Has anyone ever seen this problem before? can anyone help.

I have tried pressing many button combinations together with turning the AC off and on and removing and re-installing the battery

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-07-25T21:31:15+0000  by brit1066 brit1066

This procedure worked for me. Thanks a lot !!!

Posted 2013-12-09T18:05:44+0000  by joedhall

I could not find my switch either until I lifted the plastic piece on top to find the SN and low and behold there was the switch. Not sure if every model has a switch hiding like my but it is worth checking. It was high enough that I could not see the top standing on out bed so I had to use my camera to see!IMG_1882.JPGIMG_1878.JPG

Posted 2013-10-04T12:52:04+0000  by Broit

Gizmo,

Thanks for the info..  That worked perfectly for my fan!

Bob

Posted 2013-06-27T00:40:16+0000  by rpotterf
The trick of alternating from med to off worked to change my Altura fan direction. I don't think spinning the blades in the direction you want has any bearing on changing the direction. It is the med to off then repeating the sequence that did it for me.
Posted 2013-05-24T21:29:12+0000  by Ohiostater
You must have just got lucky I tried the 30 times and still runs in reverse. And of course Home Depot and Hampton Bay customers service hours are closed! So frustrating! Ready to take all 10 of them back!!! Seriously stop telling us to get the 16 digit number off the top of the fan and call back during business hours... if there is a different combinations of buttons to reset it.... THEN POST THAT!!! It's not like they are giving us secretes to a missil silo... its a stinking ceiling fan... and a poorly designed one at that! NOT HAPPY!!!!
Posted 2013-03-27T01:59:35+0000  by Douglas

You must have just got lucky I tried the 30 times and still runs in reverse. And of course Home Depot and Hampton Bay customers service hours are closed! So frustrating! Ready to take all 10 of them back!!! Seriously stop telling us to get the 16 digit number off the top of the fan and call back during business hours... If there is a different combinations of buttons to reset it.... THEN POST THAT!!! It's not like they are giving us secretes to a missile silo... Its a stinking ceiling fan... And a poorly designed one at that! NOT HAPPY!!!!

Posted 2013-03-27T01:59:15+0000  by Douglas

Hello JanS and thank you for joining The Community.  We are glad that you are here.

I understand your frustration with the ceiling fan not operating properly.  Can you provide a few more details about your Hampton Bay ceiling fan? 

For fastest assistance, contact our Hampton Bay team directly at 1-877-527-0313 and select option 2.  They will need the proper identification of your ceiling fan.

* If your ceiling fan is a recent purchase and you still have the box, locate the model name and 6 digit SKU from the top or side of the packaging.

* If the box is gone, locate the 12 digit UPC code (all numbers – no letters) found on the sticker on top of the motor housing.  This will identify the model and manufacturer of the fan.  The UPC is the preferred information to exactly identify your ceiling fan. 

SAFETY NOTES:  Be sure to switch off the correct breaker before removing the motor housing.  If you will be using a ladder, place it on a level surface and be sure to have a helper spot you.  The ladder will need to support your weight as well as the weight of the ceiling fan.

* If you cannot retrieve the code from the top of the motor housing, then send a photo to help identify your ceiling fan. The Hampton Bay team will give you the correct e-mailing address.

Once the ceiling fan has been identified, the Hampton Bay team can get the fan working properly and the remote control communicating with the ceiling fan.  They also can provide the Use and Care Manual and Installation/ Assembly Instructions for your ceiling fan.  Be sure to write the UPC and SKU numbers as well as the model name and numbers in your manual for future reference.

Best wishes on your project.

DW Logo Decorator.png

Posted 2013-01-04T14:57:47+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL

I turned on my Hampton Bay fan and it was in reverse mode.  I have tried to change it witht the remote, but it is not working.  This is really frustrating.

Posted 2013-01-01T03:54:29+0000  by JanS

This happened to us after a power failure. Fixing was simple:

- Using the remote controller, turn the fan off

- Manually spin the blades in desired direction

- Turn fan on / off / on

- Repeat until fan operating correctly

I had to use the on / off / on sequence four times. No problems since.

Posted 2012-12-28T15:57:30+0000  by GizmoRN72

Hello,

I had a similar problem and called the customer service and they told me that my "reverse Module" was bad and that the cost of a new one is $27 including shipping. I have purchased the kit and will let you know how it works as soon as I receive it.

Thanks for the great tips.

JC

Posted 2012-06-16T04:53:20+0000  by dabikedude
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+