Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

Hampton Bay fan with light kit, how to wire them?

How to wire Hampton Bay 3 way fan and light kit

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-05-04T03:32:12+0000  by lsiddrow lsiddrow

Hello Isiddrow,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community!

Depending on what kind of Hampton Bay ceiling fan you have and how you want it wired will determine...how it will be wired.

For example, if you want the wall switch controlling the fan and light to be wired on two switches (one for the light and fan separately), then you'll need to wire the hot wires separate for it to work.

However, if you want one wall switch, then the wiring will be a bit simpler. Luckily, almost all ceiling fans out there today wire pretty much the same way.

Below is a selected image from our Glendale 52" Hampton Bay fan...one of the most basic ceiling fans we carry in our store. Click on the image to get more information on installing your ceiling fan.

ceiling fan wiring diagram

I gave you this since I am going by the assumption that you want to install the fan and light kit at the same time. If you are just adding on a light kit, or changing just a pull chain for the fan. Let us know exactly the fan or the situation and we can get you squared away, right away.

Cheers,

Joseph

Posted 2013-05-15T18:41:19+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

I have two separate switches one for light and one for fan. Daughter changed out old wired the same, did not pay attention and now have extra wire and one switch turns on fan other switch does nothing? Help

Posted 2013-07-20T17:51:24+0000  by fl7711

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+