Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling


Hampton Bay remote control replacement

I just bought a condo with a ceiling fan operated by a remote control and the previous owner packed and took the remote with him.  I have been unsuccessful in getting hte remote back.  I believe the fan is a Hampton Bay Bryant CF546KR.  How can I get a replacement remote control?  Thanks

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-07-11T15:48:33+0000  by evkraw evkraw

THANK YOU Ken, you went above and beyond the call of duty here, and have made me a HUGE fan of Home Depot.





Best Answer

Posted 2013-07-11T22:50:12+0000  by evkraw

Hi Evkraw, I’m Ken with Home Depot. Thank you for the inquiry. I contacted the Hampton Bay Customer Service Team and found that your fan was manufactured by a company called Summer Wind.


I contacted Summer Wind, who stated you can call them direct; tell them you need a new remote for a Bryant model CF546KR. You can purchase a remote without the receiving unit.


All you will have to make sure is that you set the dip switches the same on the new remote as the receiving unit on the fan. The receiving unit is located inside the canopy at the top of the fan.


The phone number to Summer Wind is 1-877-262-7511 M-F 8am-5pm (CST)

Posted 2013-07-11T18:32:27+0000  by Ken_HD_OC
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question