Sign In to join the community | Help

Hampton bay 3 speed replacement switch

Model # 52DC10H4L, can you help
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-09-05T22:22:55+0000  by Migs007 Migs007
Hello Migs007.  Welcome to the Community!

Replacement ceiling fan switches come in two types, one for single capacitor fan motors and one for dual capacitor motors.  When you drop the light kit or lower canopy you should be able to tell which type you have.  Home Depot stores carry these switches in the electrical department.  They look like this:

Westinghouse Single Cap Switch

Westinghouse Dual Cap Switch

It comes with a antique brass pull chain and 2-foot braided cord. Complete installation instructions are included. Before replacing your existing fan switch, be sure to write down the color and exact position of each wire. Color code to switch terminal, usually labeled L, 1, 2, 3.  This will be needed when installing the new replacement switch.

If you prefer to get the exact replacement part and/or want help over the phone, you can contact our Hampton Bay support team at the number below.


Posted 2016-09-06T15:07:44+0000  by Chris_HD_CHI
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question