Sign In to join the community | Help
Tools & Hardware

Hampton bay fan problem - one fan resets when turned off

Hi, i have 4 hapton bay fans with remotes.  3 of them, when turned off and on again at the wall switch, return to whatever settings they were at when turned off (so if the light was on when the wall switch was flipped off, it comes on again when the wall switch is flipped back on).

One of the fans doesn't do this.  Every time you power cycle it, everything turns off.  So when I walk into a room, I have to flip the wall switch and then find the remote and push the remote light button to get light.  Also, the remote still thinks the light is on, so i actually have to push the light button twice to get the light to come on.  

Does anybody know how I can fix this, so it acts like all my other fans?  Thanks.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2014-01-02T17:47:15+0000  by mattk mattk

Hello mattk and thank you for joining The Community.  We are glad that you are here.

It appears that your Hampton Bay ceiling fans are not playing well with each other.  There seems to be some interference between the fan settings and switches. 

First, you will need the SKU or UPC from your ceiling fans.  The SKU can be found from the original packaging or Owner’s Manual. You can locate the 12 digit UPC code (all numbers – no letters) on the sticker on top of the motor housing.  (Be sure to switch off the correct breaker before removing the motor housing.   If you will be using a ladder, place it on a level surface and be sure to have a helper spot you.  The ladder will need to support your weight as well as the weight of the ceiling fan.)

Then contact the Hampton Bay team (call 1-877-527-0313 and select option 2) to diagnose the problems and get your ceiling fans working properly again.  

Best wishes on your project.

Eileen scipt.png

Posted 2014-01-02T18:01:27+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+