Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

Hampton bay midili ceiling fan installation. Wiring problem.

IM having problem getting my fan to turn on. Everything looks like it is wired up according to the instructions. I have a fluke voltage tester and when I turn the wall switch on the blue and black wire coming out of the receiver box are both hot. The white is dead. Pressing the fan or light button on the remote doesn't change anything. Both the black and blue wires coming out of the receiver are hot. When I connect the black and blue wires coming from the receiver to the black and blue wires coming from the ceiling fan and test them they are both still hot. As soon as I connect the white wire coming from the receiver  to the white wire coming from the fan then all the wires go dead. Pressing the buttons on the remote doesn't change anything. If I disconnect the white wire the black and blue go hot again when I put the tester to them.  I am confused and I hope someone can help.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-04-07T22:17:21+0000  by andybona andybona

Hi, Andy.

The manufacturer's technical support team would be best to assist with your questions.

They will need the UPC number for your fan which should be: 082392680442 & you can speak with them by calling 1-800-330-3267.

Please let us know if you have any problems.

Thanks & good luck!

- Nicki

Posted 2013-04-09T13:43:27+0000  by THDCustomerCare

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+