Sign In to join the community | Help
Decor

Hanging heavy objects

I just moved into an old mfg home that need alot of work. First off, how do I hang heavy items from these flimsy walls?  They seem like they are hollow!!!  I can barely find any studs.  Help!

Also, I really need new carpet, do you install in Pendleton, OR??  I hope so!!

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-08-16T21:30:26+0000  by ckanderson1014 ckanderson1014

Hey ckanderson1014,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community!

Depending on what you are going to hang will determine how well it can hold up. For example, even for the most hollow and seemingly thin walls, we do carry lots of heavy weight (75 lbs. or more) anchors and fasteners that can do the trick.

You'll find a large selection at your nearest Home Depot's nail and screw aisle. Theres at least 3 brands that I know of the top of my head that can and will give you the hanging power you need for your heavy objects. If the Home Depot store isn't so near to you for this, you can usually find these at your local home center.

In terms of installing new carpet, I found two stores at Hermiston Oregon (right up the road on I-84 and a slightly farther store but directly north of you in College Place, WA. 

The phone number for Hermiston's Home Depot is 541-567-9890

College Place WA's phone number is 509-525-4758

I would call them for you, but honestly this would be better for you to speak directly to them, as you may have further and pertinent questions that only you know about for the installation.

Let me know if you have any further questions,

Joseph

Posted 2013-09-11T15:27:53+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+